Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
indecisive piece of ****
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It could be to work, to the store, to return books at the library... anything.

I'm pretty sure the last time I went out in public... it was to this performance learning center where I talked briefly with this advisor about some classes I'm taking online and my GPA. I felt like he didn't feel comfortable talking to me, like he sensed my anxiety and awkwardness or something... but it was over in a flash and I walked out of the building relieved.

That was like 2 weeks ago.

What about you?

·
Banned
3,285 Posts
Today and everyday...tomorrow need to stop procrastinating and go out on the weekends especially on Saturday. I hardly go out on Saturdays and daytime Sundays.

·
Registered
307 Posts
The last time I went out was Monday. Went to an amusement park with five other people. Mostly I was okay unless I was crowded by people. I felt I was a lull in all conversations though. And got uncomfortable around the guy with his own SA. But I tried to remind myself that he was probably kind of uncomfortable too. It was an all day thing and I got nervous when I ran out of things to say but overall, I'd say it was good. The guy with SA apparently had to get out of line for some of the rides when he went before because he was having panic attacks, so I'd say I was pretty successful! But I was sleep deprived and that makes me zone out a little more. If it'd been longer that I was out I probably would have gone completely berserk.

·
Forever in Fantasy
560 Posts
a month or two ago i went out to an applebee's.
they sat me near college kids and they were making fun of me hardcore.

i lost my appetite and ordered water. after they left i left and returned home.

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
Seriously, people.

I can't believe some of you never go out. I can understand you may have a hard time making friends and interacting with people, but staying at home daily is the worst thing you can do, if you wish to get over social anxiety one day, that is.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Seriously, people.

I can't believe some of you never go out. I can understand you may have a hard time making friends and interacting with people, but staying at home daily is the worst thing you can do, if you wish to get over social anxiety one day, that is.
Some members here have more than social anxiety. Disorders such as PTSD, GAD and panic disorder can easily be tied with agoraphobia. True, some people aren't leaving the house because they don't want to and get more enjoyment from solitude, but that does not apply to everyone.

·
sometimes smiling
48 Posts
Yesterday, when one of my friends was driving me home from school.
Unfortunately, he had to admit that he liked me, and when I said I just saw him as a friend, he got angry and tried to guilt me going out with him. It was really uncomfortable.

It's safe to say I'm not very good with people, so I'm staying home today with my cats hehe. I might go for a walk though.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Seriously, people.

I've gone six months without going to town. I didn't have a choice. I still only get to go anywhere if someone with a car is willing to take me anywhere. I doubt I'm the only one who has transportation problems.

·
unstable
2,590 Posts
Today I went into town to meet a friend, we got some curry with rice and sat and ate for a while, some guy came up to me and handed me a flyer and as soon as I saw the word God on it I handed it back to him and said I'm not religous, but he said this isn't about religion and proceeded to describe the entire friggin Genesis and after he described how Adam and Eve knew they were naked I finally got frustrated and told him I don't bleieve in God, he said so you believe humans were created out of thin air? I said yep. He walked away.

then went walking around, was really crowded and I was frustrated having to be there until we got to the river area, it was very quiet, we wandered aroudn there for a bit. I took a few pics too.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yesterday wnt to the library,bought a newspaper,wnt to a dept store and wnt briefly to a mobile fone shop cos my fone wasnt working properly and then bumped into someone i know so sat in a coffee shop with her

·
nascentes morimur
587 Posts
just now, I went for a walk and grabbed some coffee at a coffee shop. I really think I emit some kind of uncomfortable, negative, angry aura in which when people look at me they get uncomfortable

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.