Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read in my bpd self help papers that you can use glue to put on your skin and than let the glue dry and pick it off. This will prevent you from actually picking your skin. Just thought I would pass this tip along. I hope it helps someone. :D

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
oh **** i remember doing that in elementary school. whenever we were using glue for crafts we'd cover our hands in it then peel it off when it dried. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN

·
Registered
191 Posts
Any other skin pickers out there? I used to think it was my main problem, until other bigger problems surfaced, hehe.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I loved picking that glue in primary school!

Now Im a picker! :|

Thanx for the tip. :D

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
this is a good tip, but the thing about my skin picking problem is when i get in the "zone" when i will just sit there and pick at my skin, i won't stop until all of the dry skin i can pick at is gone. i know it sounds gross. so once i peel off the glue i would still continue to pick at the dry skin until thats gone too.

·
Registered
928 Posts
this is a good tip, but the thing about my skin picking problem is when i get in the "zone" when i will just sit there and pick at my skin, i won't stop until all of the dry skin i can pick at is gone. i know it sounds gross. so once i peel off the glue i would still continue to pick at the dry skin until thats gone too.
Funny you say you get in the 'zone', for me.. its like when your picking, its so relaxing, nothing else matters until you've done all the picking that can be done or it starts hurting, then bleeds.
I pick my scalp, my fingers and chew the insides of my mouth. Ill do it anywhere too. Like on a bus.:um

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
Sometimes I start plucking out hair on my legs. Since I use tweezers to pick at my skin and it's usually on my legs, this also helps get that mild pain and picking fix without damaging the skin.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Ha I used to love peeling glue off my desk at school

·
subtastic
7,692 Posts
I know exactly what you mean. I think I would do this if I started with the glue thing, too.

·
Banned
12,147 Posts
I don't generally pick at myself for no reason but I do tend to pick acne (even though I know I shouldn't). I hate having acne and have had it all my life. I had to have the one thing that drives me bonkers. :lol

·
Finding my way
1,932 Posts
Sounds like a good idea, I'm a major picker so I might pick up some Elmer's and try this out for myself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
dermatillomania

Funny you say you get in the 'zone', for me.. its like when your picking, its so relaxing, nothing else matters until you've done all the picking that can be done or it starts hurting, then bleeds.
I pick my scalp, my fingers and chew the insides of my mouth. Ill do it anywhere too. Like on a bus.:um
I used to bite my nails and then i started picking my cuticles and my fingers look so bad and disgusting! I usually have to put bandages on them i bite the insides of my mouth too and i used to bite my lips but i could finally stopped cause they started to look weird, i didnt know there was a name for it. i know exactly what u mean it just makes me peaceful and nothing matters everytime im done and i see a little blood, i wish i could stop it...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts