Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Night

Votes: 18 54.5%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Tragic Princess
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering, since I figure the majority of SA sufferers have some form of depression, how badly and long do you get depressed? And when is it worse during the day? I honestly can't remember the last time I was completely at peace and happy. I have a deep sense of peace and knowing it'll be ok, but it still hurts almost all the time. It's like it's there during the day, this emotional pain in my chest, but I don't focus on it, but when the calm of the night comes it's so much more prevelant. Although I am glad to know other people understand me on here and that comforts me some(so I know I'm not just a weirdo), even here people can't completely understand, unless they had a bad family and were rejected by pretty much everyone, so my misery stays. It's kinda like a hollow pain feeling...anybody else feel that particular pain?

·
Banned
5,875 Posts
For me, it's always the worst during the late afternoon. I think due to the fact that the day is coming to an end, and I realize that I've accomplished little to nothing, or I regret decisions that were made. It's usually not so bad late at night.

·
ISFJ
1,472 Posts
In the evening, as the day comes to an end. I realize how pitiful my life really is. Depression sets in, I fall asleep, and in the morning I feel fine again....... Until the following evening. Sometimes I hate life so much, just like tonight.

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
I would say the afternoon / late afternoon.

I usually feel relatively OK at night. This is the time of day I get all these hopeful and motivating thoughts into my head. I start thinking along the lines of "Oh I can do this tomorrow, and this next week, and this and that to make my life better"... But those thoughts disappear by the time the morning comes around (sort of like an SA/depression version of the movie Groundhog Day... the slate somehow gets wiped clean overnight and I find myself back at the starting point).

The morning is not so bad -- I at least still have the day ahead of me, even though I may not be feeling as positive as I was the night before. There's still the possibility things will start going better.

Then the afternoon hits and reality sets in. Nothing's going better. It's the same old ****. This day's a lost cause. That, coupled with mid-afternoon tiredness and boredom, makes the afternoon the worst time of day for me.

·
Banned
177,222 Posts
I get depressed most in the evening, I think I have that seasonal affective disorder as well as bi-polar 2 so it isn't all just SA for me.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I always feel low.. always. It's been the same for maybe 1-2 yrs. When i go out i feel abit better.. especially if i go out with my friends or my mum.. but i spend most time alone in my room, and every minute is a drag. I wouldn't say that i'm profoundly depressed, though. I can deal with abit of pain.. sometimes it gets too much and i think/do stupid stuff, but most of the time i can cope. I don't think that there is a particular part of the day were i feel worse or better. I am going to the cinema on Thursday with a couple of friends, so i am looking forward to that, which makes me feel okay at the moment

·
Monster
6,557 Posts
Night, (which is my "day") especially when I'm working.

·
Hear, See , Be silent
1,421 Posts
Night when i'm home alone.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.