Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay I have no idea if I should put this here but I am not asking yahoo answers so here it goes. Heyy you guys I've had depression for a while like 3 years or so I also have an anxiety disorder, I cut myself, and make myself vommit occasionally when Im feeling bad (i know train wreck here) but the cutting and all that arent really frequent anywho I was feeling reallyyy reallyyy bad these past 2 week and I planed to kill myself. I woke up at 6:00 yesterday and overdosed on a few Iron pills about 15? and I drank half a bottle of Advil nothing really bad happened at first just had the chills and pins and needles so I didnt tell my parents I overdosed I just told them I didnt think it was a good idea to go to school that day since I was scared out of mind that I was going to to fall on the floor and have a seizure anytime thank god I didnt either b/c I ended up getting sick throwing up a couple of times and getting a fever but I was fine after that whole ordeal. I actually had to go to therapy latter that day which was kinda good b/c I told my therapist that I was feeling more depressed lately and ended up telling her what happend that morning. So we had to tell my mom about what was going on and how I was feeling. She made a psychologist appointment for tommrow to prescibe me medication (shes against meds. but she wants to help) now dont get me wrong I want to get better...but im also kinda scared. I mean obviously I semi- dont want to kill myself or else I wouldnt have told me therapist and mom I overdosed and would just try it again....but at the same time I ammm still depressed so I do still get irrational thoughts about killing myself alot. Do meds. really help??? or do you think should I go to a rehab or somthing along those lines??

·
Registered
66 Posts
Meds dont help everyone, but they do help alot of people. Just do not get discouraged if the first med they put you on doesnt work, as it can take time to find the right one. I would suggest working with your therapist/psychologist and trying out some meds and see if that helps. If you are at the suicidal stage of depression, (as i have been) there really isnt any downside to trying medication.
One thing I would advise you to do is to make sure and ask about side effects for whatever they prescribe, just so you are well informed and not surprised by something later on.
Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
649 Posts
I'm on an antidepressant (zoloft) for basically all the same things. They take a few weeks to start working, but the eventually do start to work. But I think it's a combination of meds and therapy that will really help you the most. Don't rely only on meds.

You have to be patient and try to stay positive!

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,711 Posts
:hug I've been on a lot of medications for anxiety and Depression zoloft helped me the most

·
Registered
513 Posts
Medication, when combined with talk therapy, can help. The only problem is it takes most anti-depressants up to 4 weeks to work. You need to stay safe in the meantime and avoid turning to unhealthy coping skills (cutting/purging) when you feel down/anxious. Maybe increase your therapy sessions to twice a week. Be Safe! :)

·
find me a crystal ball
107 Posts
Hi fallen18,
If you feel and/or act out suicidal ideation at any time at all your best bet is the emergency room. They will most likely put you into psychiatric in patient care for a 3 day minimum, against your will or with your full support, it doesn't matter. At any time in your life, if you are willing to even try halfheartedly to kill yourself you are in need of help immediately. It may seem like someone has taken over your life but in some cases it needs to be. Fast treatment and follow up are supremely important. When you come down to it you are better off stuck in the hospital with people who understand the problems you are facing than in your bathroom tossing bottles of pills down your throat with no real thought to what might happen. Be safe.

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
It isn't healthy or normal to want to kill yourself(suicide), you need to seek help at a hospital immediately if you have these thoughts and are not currently being treated/watched closely by a mental health professional.

·
Banned
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the answers everyone. I did end up being hospitalized by my psychologist so it wasnt exactly the best christmas this year lol but it wasnt that bad the doctors their started me on Prozac and I havent really felt suicidal lately alothough I do kinda feel feel numb and sad so I'm not sure if its working yet??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts