Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so nervous about tommorrow. i have been working at this bank for about four years and about a week ago i i was asked by a manager in another department to come talk to him because he found out i will be taking classes in the fall to do with this department, well i talked with him and told him to let me think about it because the whole reason i didnt apply was because i was scared of having to learn so much. i thought about it and decided to give it a try an see if i like it. The thing is..is that i have been kinda excited about change and to get this opportunity, but within the past few days my anxiety has been terrible. I m so scared of the training because i get so nervous and shaky. i am just plumb scared. i kinda wish i wouldnt have been brave and said yes. God i hope things go well tommorrow. I am gonna try and stay positive. Has or is anyone else going thrue this?

· Registered
72 Posts
Well it's not the same as your situation, but at my new job, at first they wanted me to work with one person for a few months, but now they have decided to let me work on several tasks with several different people. More people to interact with - yikes. Plus, the whole having several tasks instead of just being able to focus on one irritates the OCD part of me with definitely doesn't help the social anxiety part of me. Plus I have to go to several different training sessions with people I don't know from the other departments of the company. The 'get to know' sessions were terrible for me because I hate ten or so people staring at me while I talk about what little I can talk about.

· Registered
8,033 Posts
no not really; sometimes I say yes because I'm too nervous to say no and it gets me into all sorts of uncomfortable situations.

Anyways good luck tomorrow. I'm sure it'll go well for ya. If you get nervous, just try and concentrate on how great it'll feel at the end of the day after you've finished your training :).

· Registered
443 Posts
It is normal to feel really nervous. With the anxiety it's just more exaggerated than if you didn't have SA. I too get cold feet, and think God what have I done. It's all down to if it is within your limits e.g. stretching yourself is good as long as it is not too much to be able to cope. I'd give it a good go before giving up.

· Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well the day is done and i did ok for my first day i guess. ofcourse im overwhelmed because it is all so new to me, but im gonna push forward and keep trying before i go back to my other job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.