Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Is nascar a sport or hobby

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think a sport is an activity that gets your heart moving, you breath harder, you sweat, it must be a competition and physical exertion must be used.
I would not consider nascar a sport, even though all these can happen, I would call it a hobby. The same with darts, pool, cards, bowling.
Would you consider something like photography a sport. Depending on your shot. You may need to walk and there are photography contests.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Although I don't respect Nascar nearly as much as Indy or F1, it's definitely a sport. It probably takes more constant concentration than any other sport, not to mention that fact that you need ridiculously quick reflexes.

And comparing photography to Nascar?? Cmon, they are totally incomparable. Photography is a fine art.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I think a sport is an activity that gets your heart moving, you breath harder, you sweat, it must be a competition and physical exertion must be used.
I would generally agree with this although I think baseball and Nascar are extremely difficult.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Then why isn't a sport when I drive to work? Thats all it is--driving.

·
Registered
41 Posts
driving

yeah I would say it is just like driving to work but nawwwww not really....having 30 guys trying to pass you at 200 mph and getting paid for it ....thats a sport....hobbies you loose money ;) ......I think F1 racing is much more interesting than NASCAR but thats just my opinion but the crowds at NASCAR you can't beat from what I have seen on TV never actually been to one

1 - 9 of 9 Posts