Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on Paxil I couldn't ejaculate at all! I stopped that quick! What a downer. Funny how a drug for depression can make one more depressed! Wow. I've only ever heard bad things about Paxil.

Now on Celexa, I can ejaculate (even though I last a bit longer), but it seems my orgasms aren't as intense.

Is this just in my head. I have a history of paranoia. Anyone experiencing anything similar?

w00t

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Yes, this is a common side-effect of SSRIs. Generally it can be fixed by adding a dopamine drug, but with your history of paranoia I would not recommend that at all. You may want to switch to mirtazapine for anxiety/depression relief without voluntarily removing yourself from the gene pool.

SSRIs' action of increasing serotonin has the annoying effect of decreasing dopamine in certain areas of the brain, which could explain the sexual effects (dopamine is the "pleasure neurotransmitter").

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wow. I wrote a post quite similar in nature (sexual) and it was immediately removed and I got a PM saying there were minors on here and I couldn't post anything like that. I thought it was kind of silly being that it's a big part of SA. I wonder why they let your post stay......

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Given that social phobia typically appears from ages 11-19, I don't see what the problem is. Surely the moderators of this site have better things to do than worry about teenagers hearing about sex.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts