Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are pop ups on this site that you can trigger just by scrolling through the website (on mobile) without clicking on any of the marked out ad space.

these pop ups are also highlydeceptive theytry To tellyou that your phone has a virus and that you have 5 minutes to download their file or your phone will be toast.

The ads on this site in general are just toxic too... there are still scrolling ads on mobile that take up the entire screen of my regular iPhone.

·
Super Moderator
34,605 Posts
There are pop ups on this site that you can trigger just by scrolling through the website (on mobile) without clicking on any of the marked out ad space.

these pop ups are also highlydeceptive theytry To tellyou that your phone has a virus and that you have 5 minutes to download their file or your phone will be toast.

The ads on this site in general are just toxic too... there are still scrolling ads on mobile that take up the entire screen of my regular iPhone.
I was not aware of this but I use the desktop site exclusively and use adblockers. It does not sound like something the management would do on purpose.

@SAS Admin do you know anything about this?

·
Registered
---------------------------- ▓▓▓▓Groovy▓▓▓▓
7,833 Posts
That's not good, I do recall this site was plagued with a bunch of undesirable ads before the recent change, my ghostery addon would often show several at a time and now usually only displays 2 while I am in Firefox. Have you tried it in another browser?

I'm checking my phone right now on chrome, and it appears to be fine - there is an annoying add at the bottom of the screen but the browser otherwise is fine. Do you often experience these kinds of problems on other sites?

·
Banned
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's not good, I do recall this site was plagued with a bunch of undesirable ads before the recent change, my ghostery addon would often show several at a time and now usually only displays 2 while I am in Firefox. Have you tried it in another browser?

I'm checking my phone right now on chrome, and it appears to be fine - there is an annoying add at the bottom of the screen but the browser otherwise is fine. Do you often experience these kinds of problems on other sites?
I use iPhone and only use Safari. I did clear all website data but I still got the pop up after a while of browsing the site. I dont think I’ve gotten that pop up elsewhere; I usually am browsing this forum on my phone though.

I think the invisible ad redirects to a site called tackis.xyz if that’s helpful at all

·
Administrator
3,124 Posts
Hey all,

We reported the above and should have most of these blocked as of last week.

If you get any more Pop Up Redirects this week please report them with the following info so we can get them blocked.
  • Exact times of the ad
  • URLs of the ad
  • User IP addresses
  • Geo locations
  • Device info and software

Jeff

·
Banned
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey all,

We reported the above and should have most of these blocked as of last week.

If you get any more Pop Up Redirects this week please report them with the following info so we can get them blocked.
  • Exact times of the ad
  • URLs of the ad
  • User IP addresses
  • Geo locations
  • Device info and software

Jeff
Got the ad 1 minute ago at 5:36 pm eastern timr
Ad tried to send me to Dency.Site
Got ad browsing this thread People who stick up the bathroom
Idk my IP address..
I have an iPhone 11 and it’s updated

if you really need to know what city I’m in, I can PM you

ad tried to tell me my iPhone was hacked with a popup

·
Administrator
3,124 Posts
Got the ad 1 minute ago at 5:36 pm eastern timr
Ad tried to send me to Dency.Site
Got ad browsing this thread People who stick up the bathroom
Idk my IP address..
I have an iPhone 11 and it’s updated

if you really need to know what city I’m in, I can PM you

ad tried to tell me my iPhone was hacked with a popup

10-4, will report this one.

If you get it again please grab a screenshot if you can.

Jeff

1 - 13 of 13 Posts