Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all of you! I am brand new to this forum today. I am hoping to not feel so alone with this social anxiety thing. I remember feeling afraid of people as early as i can remember, about five years old or so...always hiding behind my mothers leg, or crying when i was made to be center of attention. Now at 44, the manifestations seem to have oozed into every part of my existance....guess i'm looking for other peoples experiences and tools for coping. Not something i can talk about to anyone I know....not that there are many people in my close circle- part of the affliction i suppose. Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you guys and who knows maybe my awkward experiences with this might help someone else...

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey deborahlee welcome. :hyper

·
Registered
277 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I already see things that I recognize in your post -not having people to talk to, having this problem since you were little. It definitely helps to have people to talk to who understand what you're going through.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
misunderstood

have you experienced people also misunderstanding you - both personally and professionally?? even my own mother said just today, while having a conversation in regard to my current work situation..."you just don't get along with people"...which makes me kind of crumble.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, DeborahLee! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts