Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
say for instance you are walking the dog around the neighborhood and a large group of people are standing around..they engage you with conversation and say you start sweating and it isnt even warm outside...due to SA, you are sweating and of course if you know you are sweating, you will start sweating even more so that worsens the problem..the last thing you want them to see is you flushed and sweating over small talk...how do you deal with this??i mean, you cant sit there and meditate...lofl..just dont even talk to them???

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
My sweating is from the medication. The only thing to do is to mentally talk yourself out of the nerves that are causing the perspiration. Get it at the source. Those people are just trying to talk about little things, not your life story :).

·
Registered
371 Posts
i sweat excesively.. I hate it!! I don't think its due to SA because even when I don't feel anxious and it's not so hot out, I sweat a lot.. When I do get anxious, I sweat even more and now I start feeling self conscious.. I tried different types of deoderants but.. I think if I didn't have SAD it wouldn't be such a big deal. I'd probably get some kind of treatment or medication..

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^im not on medication and i cant just talk myself out of sweating..if i start to sweat a little bit, then i notice it and i become more nervous..i just cant talk my way out of it..ive tried that, it doesnt work...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts