Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Banned
16,644 Posts
For some reason cops pull me over all the time. I've been pulled over about 9 times this year, but I didn't get a ticket. They just pull me over to question and harass me.

·
Living J. Krishnamurti
93 Posts
I seem to attract the attention of police because I don't behave like a normal person and I have trouble feigning kindness. When I am being bullied by a police officer, it takes everything in my power not to cuss them out.

Can anyone relate? I know police officers are just doing what they are told, but I can't stand them.
I read the first post then realized it was old. If it was from 2014 you would have been dead by now.

The police are a very unfortunate facet of life. They almost cause more problems than they solve. Luckily if you stay away from them, they tend to give you space.

·
Banned
5,540 Posts
If you're in the US refuse to let them search you or your property. That's your 4th amendment right. And tell them you're going to remain silent and you want your attorney. That's your fifth and sixth amendment rights. Without your consent or confession they need a very good reason to search and collect evident against you.

I've been stopped by police and I refused to be searched and told them I would remain silent and I was let go without being searched. Millions fought and died for our constitution and you have nothing to gain and so much to lose by giving up your rights. And refusing a search can't be used against you in court. I'm sure most countries have similar rights when it comes to refusing a search and remaining silent.

·
Registered
555 Posts
100% agreed. These people who whine about cops obviously need their heads checked. If you don't do stupid sh*t, you won't have to deal with them.
That's absurd.

I was INVESTIGATED by police for walking down the street in the town that I've lived in for 24 years......I guess that qualifies as 'stupid sh*t' to you?

I see cops tailgating drivers who are going the speed limit or lower (they've been known to do this for no real reason).....I guess driving speed limit is 'stupid sh*t'?

The profession is one that tends to attract meat-heads who feel they have something to prove and get a power-hit from being able to control people.

·
6,040 Posts
Don't look straight at them.

I had no problem with any officer. They are all too lazy to get out of their offices. Gossiping, playing Solitaire and pretending to work are their hobbies. This also made them fat and slow so why even bother getting out now? They can't move fast enough to chase a turtle.

They should be given bikes and sent out on patrols. This way they can exercise a bit. They are trying to cut down the costs for fuel anyway.

·
Banned
8,418 Posts
American police are very different from €uropean police

Don't know what ¥apanese might be like

·
Banned
8,418 Posts
Slow people

Don't look straight at them.

I had no problem with any officer. They are all too lazy to get out of their offices. Gossiping, playing Solitaire and pretending to work are their hobbies. This also made them fat and slow so why even bother getting out now? They can't move fast enough to chase a turtle.

They should be given bikes and sent out on patrols. This way they can exercise a bit. They are trying to cut down the costs for fuel anyway.
Today I chose to get on my bike to do the shopping because I research the traffic which I hate in our town. Every day is different. There's no solution (there used to be 15 years ago) to go in small hours for peace & darkness outside. Busy roads, footpaths and in the supermarket

I worry of regular wear on brakes, clutch & tyres on my old car... Traffic lights are annoying to everyone; the designers of the logic might feel clever but I hope they see the results too. It's so hard getting in & out of this town to and back from all the major cities on the radar. Reason of not working?

Advantage of cars is their simple foot control for speed, but why get a supercar in a deadlocked environment?

Subwoofer is nice for putting up with crowds, But I worry running the engine in queues if there's no petrol station nearby. If stopping the engine, I might not be able to start it again. That's why I run it while fuelling in a station. I never paid attention to not let it run... internal combustion. They think I'd drip the nozzle all over my hot exhaust? Most engines have fuel input and exhaust on different sides.

Worst crowding is with slow walkers in crammed pathways. Obese or lazy with no destination in mind. I love my bike. I like it when people get scared. They don't need to. Some respect the bike

I don't want to be arrested for riding my bike. I wouldn't be astonished if it happened

A need for speed. I don't like standstill. Or Stansted
No slow browser please. Finger on down arrow. Dismal scroller. Few pixels per minute.

·
Protector of the Den
15,048 Posts
I used to go night walking, but I figured a police officer would eventually ask me what I was doing. I have too much anxiety to deal with that. I had a close call when I was walking at my old elementary school and a police car went by with a spotlight. I decided to just stand still because I figured they'd spot me anyway, but somehow they missed me. Must've been a routine they had. Plus I now worry about running into other people at night.

I've done pretty good when pulled over while speeding. Unfortunately, didn't get out of the tickets though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
aaaaah DONT GET ME STARTED, they pull me over then find a reason to search the car. I've been pulled over more times then I can count. Maybe 25+, probably got a ticket 3 of those times!

They hate me even more now, got one on 6 month suspension for harassment. We need the good ones, the crooked ones (alot) can fry like bacon though.

You can say **** about how nice they are if youve never been called a ***** or ****** by them.
Guess what, im not hispanic.....

·
Nothingman
962 Posts
Most cops are good, especially big city cops.

In 2002, my friend and I went to NYC for the first time, and we forgot were we parked my car. We were around Central Park at around 11PM to 3/4AM looking for my car. An off-duty cop picked us up and us drove around the area for about an hour to find my car.
I have the opposite experience. Every cop I dealt with when I lived in NYC was less than pleasant. When I moved to NJ, pulled over a few times for various reasons, and never had a problem. Very pleasant cops.

The profession is one that tends to attract meat-heads who feel they have something to prove and get a power-hit from being able to control people.
I can see this is some cases, yes, and will not disagree. However, it does not apply to ALL.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yep, I was harassed recently just because I seemed "nervous." Encounters with police trigger my anxiety off the charts. My mind went blank and I couldn't even remember where I was going, which brought on 10 minutes of interrogation and being asked what drugs I had done or was on (none).

81 - 93 of 93 Posts