Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
100% agreed. These people who whine about cops obviously need their heads checked. If you don't do stupid sh*t, you won't have to deal with them.
I only came to this site because I had concluded after all my previous dealings with police that they were the ones responsible for triggering my GAD. Try being pulled over 3 times in one day by these pricks..getting strip searched while a female officer walks past the room and has a good look. Not because I have done something wrong however...more so because I probably look like a mongrel (Father is from Spain) living in white Australia. Another occasion I was taken into custody under suspicion of doing a robbery all because my hat matched the color description of their suspect. Then when they throw me in the holding cell another officer comes walking in the room who just so happens to be a someone I was once friends with in high school. He looked sown at me in the cell and shakes his head even thoe he knew me from school, knew I was shy and knew it wasn't in my nature to do such a thing. The one possitive.. I was let out not even an hour later because they got their **** wrong...The negative: Now when I see police I naturally assume it is within their protocol to pull me over and harass me. I freeze...i stutter, hell I almost piss my pants wondering what card these guys are gonna try and pull next. Life has become such a struggle now, I barely ever leave the house, I don't go into shops unless I have money to make a purchase (under fear someone thinks I am stealing) I refuse to use public transportation because everytime I do..you can already guess who comes walking in the carriage doors. What im trying to say here is it's not because I done stupid stuff I feel the way I do...It's because their so incompetent.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I've seen reports about police gross misuse of power and it's just unwarranted. Of course they are integral to society, but from personal insight - they can get personal

·
Registered
2 Posts
100% agreed. These people who whine about cops obviously need their heads checked. If you don't do stupid sh*t, you won't have to deal with them.
I only came to this site because I had concluded after all my previous dealings with police that they were the ones responsible for triggering my GAD. Try being pulled over 3 times in one day by these pricks..getting strip searched while a female officer walks past the room and has a good look. Not because I have done something wrong however...more so because I probably look like a mongrel (Father is from Spain) living in white Australia. Another occasion I was taken into custody under suspicion of doing a robbery all because my hat matched the color description of their suspect. Then when they throw me in the holding cell another officer comes walking in the room who just so happens to be a someone I was once friends with in high school. He looked sown at me in the cell and shakes his head even thoe he knew me from school, knew I was shy and knew it wasn't in my nature to do such a thing. The one possitive.. I was let out not even an hour later because they got their **** wrong...The negative: Now when I see police I naturally assume it is within their protocol to pull me over and harass me. I freeze...i stutter, hell I almost piss my pants wondering what card these guys are gonna try and pull next. Life has become such a struggle now, I barely ever leave the house, I don't go into shops unless I have money to make a purchase (under fear someone thinks I am stealing) I refuse to use public transportation because everytime I do..you can already guess who comes walking in the carriage doors. What im trying to say here is it's not because I done stupid stuff I feel the way I do...It's because their so incompetent.

·
Banned
12,147 Posts
Regardless of what you think of the police, the trend is towards police having more and more authority. Laws are becoming more and more arbitrary and pointless. Due process is being seen more and more as a silly waste of time.

The future does not look good for you if you are the type who hates cops anyway. You might soon find yourself in the kind of world that brings your worst nightmares to life. I do not know how many good cops there are but let's hope there are enough of them.

·
Banned
4,424 Posts
I cringe when I hear people say, "I hate cops."

Police officers are not always perfect, there are ones who abuse their power and others that are not as ethical as they should be. But utlimately, they could save your life. I feel people who say they hate cops are basing that negative feeling on stereotypes or basing it off some negative experience they had. But society would be out of control with out them. If you hate them so much, how about not calling 911 if a crime is committed against you? In high school I heard a lot of teens say they hate cops just because cops would bust their underage drunken parties. But if those same teens had a crime committed against them, guess who they called to the rescue?
I agree. People don't appreciate things until they need them. In America and Canada, I think most cops are good people, but like every profession, you probably get ones that aren't good.

People only sees the incidents of the very few bad ones. They don't see the incidents were cops rescue a kid that's lost in a forest, and catching and locking up thieves murders and rapists. You never hear about the incidents were they save lives. And for expriences when people gets tickets, of course that's a negative expriences, becAuse everyone ( including me) hates getting tickets.

This post is for American and Canadian cops.

Cops in other country's like India( one person said something about India) and Mexico are anouther story because they have a reputation for bribes and corruption, which is unheard of in the USA and Canada.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
I cringe when I hear people say, "I hate cops."

Police officers are not always perfect, there are ones who abuse their power and others that are not as ethical as they should be. But utlimately, they could save your life. I feel people who say they hate cops are basing that negative feeling on stereotypes or basing it off some negative experience they had. But society would be out of control with out them. If you hate them so much, how about not calling 911 if a crime is committed against you? In high school I heard a lot of teens say they hate cops just because cops would bust their underage drunken parties. But if those same teens had a crime committed against them, guess who they called to the rescue?
This!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Oh yeah, I will keep believing it. I've believed it for 23 years. And I've never had any trouble with the police. So like the other poster said, if you think cops are corrupt, don't call them when you have an emergency situation. Call somebody who you trust instead.
Can't really do that cause then the person u trust would be taking the law into their own hands...
But yeah, good and bad in every profession.
I hate police that abuse their power n lie n assult people etc but I like police who behave ethicaly n of course my uncle who's a police officer.

·
Super Moderator
34,295 Posts
The problem with dealing with cops is if you seem nervous, they're probably going to think it's suspicious. Which will probably cause them to get aggressive. Which will probably make you more nervous. Which will make them even more suspicious. And so on.

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,712 Posts
I dont hate cops but they do make me apprehensive

·
the last song ♥
2,414 Posts
i got pulled over twice for bull**** reasons. the first i got off with a warning and the second the police officer said i was reported for something stupid so i dont think he could give me a ticket since he didnt actually witness it himself.

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
I've been pulled over by cops several times and I can't say it wasn't my fault. Didn't receive a ticket all the times though, some cops were very nice. Cops are awesome. One of the few times tax dollars are put to good use :clap

·
Fire Princess
332 Posts
I've only met one or two good cops. Other than that, they always frisk me and search my bags bacause I seem suspicious. Kids at school would tell the SO that I had weapons or something just to ruin my day. Last time that happened, I belittled him so bad that he quit his postition. Told him he wasn't a real cop cause he was sitting at a desk at a high school and eating donuts instead of fighting real crime. And yes, he really did have a box of donuts. And I took one.

And don't get me wrong, I wasn't just pissed that I was getting searched for the 3rd time. He was arrogant, patronizing, and demeaning. No one talks down to me. So I kindly asked him to just search my bag and get it over with. Instead, he told me "Don't get mad, just sit down and we can talk." I didn't want to talk. He interrupted my damn lunch. When we got done talking, it only took him a couple minutes to search my bag. He could've just done that in the first place.

So I snapped on him. Not yelling, never yelling, just talking in this low shaky tone I get when I'm pissed. Never saw him again. Fortunately, the new SO was my buddy and the best cop I ever met. Even when he worked at my school, he didn't just sit at a desk all day. He walked the campus and spoke to the students with respect, even the ones who didn't deserve it. I wish he would've came when I had to call the cops 2 years ago. In my town, it usually takes half an hour for them to show up. My mom could've been dead by then.

There are some good cops, but most of them are *******s. I don't give a damn who you are; cop, doctor, soldier, teacher, no badge or degree will get you any respect from me unless you show it first. I've told off all of the above. And I know the soldier one will piss people off. I support our troops, but I don't support *******s. And soldiers can be *******s just like anyone else. Yes, I have a problem with authority, because it goes to their head. But I hate even more when people blindly follow said authority.

·
Quag filante
8,709 Posts
The problem with dealing with cops is if you seem nervous, they're probably going to think it's suspicious. Which will probably cause them to get aggressive. Which will probably make you more nervous. Which will make them even more suspicious. And so on.
They should understand that it's obvious people get nervous around police officers. lol

I got pulled over not too long ago but it wasn't anything serious. They were just doing a check thingy where they had the car parked on one side of the road and just standing outside of the car checking everyone that goes by. I was crying that night that I went driving through town when they pulled me over but my face was dry by the time they checked me I think. My mom got pulled over a couple of months ago for the same thing. But I've never gotten pulled over for anything serious thank goodness.

·
Fire Princess
332 Posts
My dad was a police officer but he was dead friendly and sociable. I think british police are more tolerant to hostility directed towards them anyway, from what i've seen/heard american police don't seem to give any leeway to the disgruntled.
From my own personal experience, British people just seem to be nicer in general.

·
Live. Laugh. Learn
4,101 Posts
Most cops are good, especially big city cops.

In 2002, my friend and I went to NYC for the first time, and we forgot were we parked my car. We were around Central Park at around 11PM to 3/4AM looking for my car. An off-duty cop picked us up and us drove around the area for about an hour to find my car.

61 - 80 of 93 Posts