Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering how any of you deal with the loneliness that can sometimes come from SA? Do you have any distractions you count on, techniques you use to try and lessen the feeling or simply enjoy your own company?

Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
I spend way too much time on hulu. :|
Also SAS chat. People there are really easy to talk to and it's a good way to pass the time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm quite the longer :S sometimes I prefer staying home than going somewhere else where things get wild (like a party, bar, or meeting people I have never met before).

what I do when feeling lonely, i just remember how i still have a life to live for. im only 17 and going to college and i can get to work for my future. other kids in the world don't even get to go to primary school and i have an amazing opportunity.

but i like to go on the internet, going on websites like 9gag or damnlol, play xbox, or youtube XD

·
Sigh...
856 Posts
Keep active.
As soon as i stop or i give up (usually tends to happen), i become depressed.

·
Silent
346 Posts
Sleep, study, anime, tv, biking, reading... anything I can think of.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I spend waaay too much time on the internet. Usually talking to online friends/youtube. Stumbleupon.com is also a pretty good distraction, in my opinion.
I also read and have been trying to teach myself guitar. :)

·
electric
6,777 Posts
  • Keep active, like they said. Even just a walk outside is nice.
  • Do something you like. (Make a list of things you like before hand because sometimes you can forget.) Or try something new. (I like to go shopping, or running, or cook, or play video games, or read, or write, etc.)
  • Find a good TV show or movie.
  • Eat a little of your favorite comfort food or whatever sounds good or treat yourself somehow.
  • Sleep, and see if you don't feel better afterward.
  • Write your thoughts and feelings out on paper.
  • Conjure an imaginary friend you are very intimate with (don't tell me you don't have one, use your imagination!!). Have fun.
  • Hit up a rl friend, or even just keep in touch with your parents or siblings.
  • Listen to music that moves you (maybe sad music sometimes).
  • Troll SAS.

Usually something in there is pretty effective, but it depends on the loneliness. :)

·
Imaginary Boy™
101 Posts
At this point I don't deal with it.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Turn the tv on.

Watching hockey works for me. The sound of the crowd cheering and the commentators enthusiasm makes me feel like I'm part of something special.

(Haha, I'm such a loser)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Even though I WANT to socailize, and try constantly, I feel terribly lonely. A good firend recently remarked that I am an "unhappy person"... Its really not that I'm unhappy with who I am as a whole, its just that day in day out, I've got no one to share "Me" with. And I hate that!

·
Noona
3,492 Posts
I just take part in my favorite hobbies. Reading, writing, listening to music, dancing, biking. watching movies. Whatever makes me feel good at the time.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Play games as much as possible, that takes me away from reality very nicely, and when I'm not doing that and I think about how alone I am I almost lose my mind =)

·
scared about life
144 Posts
when I get tickets to a show, it gives me something to look forward to for months. It doesn't help all the time but makes me smile for a few minutes every once in a while.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've gotten good at conversating with myself. All in my head of course, talking to yourself out loud is unhealthy. Just don't think that you're a loser because you're by yourself, because you're not.

·
SAS Member
2,346 Posts
I read, surf the net, work out, shop, and listen to music.

·
Quag filante
8,709 Posts
I listen to music, look through the internet, watch t.v., go driving, go to the store with my mom, stare in my room, just sit and talk to myself, clean my room, study, and I pretend that there's a protector in my room. :|

1 - 20 of 25 Posts