Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that have insomnia, how do you find ways to deal with it? I have so much trouble sleeping. No matter what side I sleep on or tactics I try, I would never be able to fall asleep. I could have four hours of sleep the night before, have a full day of school the next day and still not be able to sleep that night. It gets quite frustrating that I just want to rip off my sheets and burn them.

It also does not help that I am a night owl. For some reason, I always like to stay up late on the Internet and when I want to go to sleep, I can't. So it doesn't matter if I go to bed early or late, insomnia. always. strikes.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Do you have something that is weighing heavily on your mind? That's usually what causes me to have insomnia. Something that i need to get done, or something i did that i feel guilty about. Usually i don't get a good nights sleep until I take care of what ever is bothering me.

If that's not the reason, then i would say listening to relaxing music or a relaxing sound like rain.

·
Banned
8,418 Posts
My inverse problem

is when I can't find anything to do

My only possible activity is to sleep

I get surprised and embarrassed when I wake up randomly after hours of sleep, having to check the day, date and time

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have something that is weighing heavily on your mind? That's usually what causes me to have insomnia. Something that i need to get done, or something i did that i feel guilty about. Usually i don't get a good nights sleep until I take care of what ever is bothering me.

If that's not the reason, then i would say listening to relaxing music or a relaxing sound like rain.
No, I do not have anything weighing heavily on my mind. I just cannot sleep for unknown reasons. My insomnia has been chronic.

I've tried relaxing sounds but for some reason they make me feel more restless. So far, music has been the most reliable device for me in this situation but it still takes me a while to fall asleep so it's not as effective as I would like it to be.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is when I can't find anything to do

My only possible activity is to sleep

I get surprised and embarrassed when I wake up randomly after hours of sleep, having to check the day, date and time
You are so lucky. I wish I could be like you. My problem is that I love to sleep but I just cannot get to sleep.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts