Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
MrFrantic,

I was coming home from my aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary yesterday and as I was driving down the interstate there was a sudden traffic jam. Well, that traffic jam was a complete stop that lasted two hours (it took 90 minutes to move 3/4 of a mile, and people were turning around in no U-turns, going up exit ramps the wrong way, etc.). Traffic was backed up for over fifteen miles.

I was driving with my mom and remember telling her that I hope the people in the accident know how they have affected other people. The lack of air-conditioning must have gotten to me - it was 85 degrees and humid.

As it turned out, the cause of the traffic jam was a one car accident; All I saw was a heap of charred metal and the back third of a trailer. A pickup had lost control, flipped over, and exploded into flames killing the driver and burning up the trailer. Witnesses at the scene tried desparately to get the man out of the car but they couldn't get to him through the heat.

As I drove by and saw the news crew shooting film, I bit my tongue and had to pray for the people involved.

·
Registered
411 Posts
mrfrantic said:
yeah its never a good story when peopole get hurt in such ways ..i couldnt imagine the pain of burning to death but i do know it doesnt last long shock eases that along with having no nerves left to sense it.
Yeah and apparently you become unconcious really fast from the heat and lack of oxygen.
Still, it's awful... sorry you had to see that :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.