Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gone, Never Coming Back
4,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tend to have these more often than not. I just had one today. I was going to go to class, but decided it wasn't worth it after seeing how cold it was. I did go out to the store eventually and after feeling how cold it was, I decided I made the right decision. But it was all a waste anyways because I felt too depressed and unmotivated to get any work done. I tried everything to bring my energy up, but it wouldn't come.

Does this happen to you? Do you have anyway of dealing with it?

·
waiting to bloom
8,863 Posts
I push off work sometimes if it feels like something I'm not capable of. The more I push it off, the more stressed I become so I am causing the problem I want to prevent. Honestly, you just have to sit down and get to work.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The same thing happened to me today. I came home and ate an entire pizza, which actually made me feel a lot better. But that could be because I've barely eaten anything in the last three days.

I usually just sleep when I get like that. Sometimes I get up feeling refreshed and motivated, while other times I don't. It's a toss up.

·
Be yourself!
50 Posts
I use to not go to work when I felt really depressed and not dealing with even a shower but I have learned through the years that if I make myself then I may start to feel better. Not all the time but enough to where now I just force myself to go. It all depends though, everyday is different. Sometimes when I call out of work I feel guilty and get more depressed and that can lead to multiple days out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This happened to me today, but I ended up going and parked my car as soon as class started. I was tardy and I'd be the sore thumb of the class walking in late, this just unmotivated me more then I already was. As I was leaving I started having thoughts about if I just go now, it'll just be that much more difficult facing my professor along with handing in the work due on this day. (I had skipped 2 other class periods prior too today.) I ended up mustering up some courage for ten minutes before finally going in. It's pretty damn tough going in unmotivated to learn or work but sometimes work can help relieving some of the negativity buzzing around in ones head.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts