Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just caught the trailer on tv yesterday, and I had no idea the DaVinci Code had a sequel. I read the DaVinci Code and thought it was just okay, and the movie could have been better.
But this trailer looks pretty sweet.

Anyone think this movie will be better? Or has anyone read the Angels and Demons book?

·
Too School for Cool
6,857 Posts
I've read it, and I like it much better than the DaVinci Code. I think Angels and Demons is actually the prequel, if I remember correctly. It is rather entertaining, and hard to put down. I thought the storyline was really interesting.

I don't have high hopes for the movie. The first one was awful, and I was not impressed with Ron Howard's directing or Tom Hanks mundane portrayal of Robert Langdon. I expect to it be pretty much the same this time around.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually it's DaVinci Code that's a sequel to Angels and Demons, it just happened to be more popular and successful than its predecessor.

Though I would like to see the movie adaptations of Digital Fortress and Deception Point.
Really? My bad...

Why was there no reference to it in the DaVinci Code though? Or did I miss those?

·
Too School for Cool
6,857 Posts
I think there are a few references in the beginning chapters of The Davinci Code book, like, goodness, yet another exciting adventure for Robert Langdon! My oh my.

It makes sense they wouldn't bring it up in the movie though, it isn't connected with The DaVinci Code at all and doesn't have any of the same characters except for Robert Langdon himself.

Also: The DaVinci Code is on TV right now. CREEPY.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've read it, and I like it much better than the DaVinci Code. I think Angels and Demons is actually the prequel, if I remember correctly. It is rather entertaining, and hard to put down. I thought the storyline was really interesting.

I don't have high hopes for the movie. The first one was awful, and I was not impressed with Ron Howard's directing or Tom Hanks mundane portrayal of Robert Langdon. I expect to it be pretty much the same this time around.
Glad to see I'm not the only who thought Tom Hanks was a bad cast for the role. I think he's a great actor but this role doesn't work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.