Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
I didn't even know who he was until a couple of months ago, Then I started watching episodes of Twin Peaks online. That tv show was amazing, I can't believe I went so long without knowing about it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My favorites are Eraserhead, Blue Velvet and Mulholland Drive. But really, I enjoy all of his films. I even like Fire Walk with Me, which a lot of people seem to hate. What about you? :)

·
Registered
334 Posts
FYI: David Lynch uses Twitter. Everyday he "tweets" about the weather in Los Angeles it's so mundane, not what you would expect.

·
In orbit, always
824 Posts
Another fan here... with the exception of Dune. I've even eaten at the Double R diner("Twede's" in real life) from Twin Peaks.

That's hilarious that Lynch tweets L.A. weather, considering the weather probably doesn't vary much.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I know. He used to do daily video weather reports, but the last one on his website is from March. I bet he just uses Twitter now. That sucks. I want to see his crazy pompadour. :blank

·
slanted and disenchanted
321 Posts
i think 'mulholland drive' is my favorite, and i like how 'the elephant man' is shot (probably his most 'straightforward' film). but they're all worth checking out for different reasons, i think.

still haven't seen 'inland empire' or 'wild at heart' yet.

oh, yeah, forgot about 'dune', haha. i remember not really feeling that one too much, but that was ages ago.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Yeah Blue Velvet is one of my all time favourite films. Just watched Eraserhead for the first time tonight. It was weird and didn't make the slightest bit of sense to me but I dug the ominous mood. I thought Lost Highway was great too and Wild at Heart is a cool film with Nicholas Cage (OMG!).

I've really got check out Twin Peaks and Mulholland Drive soon.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wonder if Henry suffers from an anxiety disorder. He seems perpetually nervous. Of course, I suppose it could be because he lives in a ****hole and his girlfriend gave birth to a monster. :blank

2,348 Posts
I LOOOOVE Twin Peaks. I watched the entire series in about a week.

Eraserhead, Blue Velvet, Wild at Heart, The Elephant Man and The Straight Story are fantastic. Although I am surprised that Wild at Heart wasn't NC-17. That is one graphic movie.

I really didn't like Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me at all.

Lost Highway and Mullholland Dr. are a bit to weird for me.

·
In orbit, always
824 Posts
Ha ha, no, I've never been to Twin Peaks Fest. I was only in the Snoqualmie/North Bend area for a half day in 2006.

Snoqualmie Falls

Ground level, looking away from the falls

Twede's

1 - 19 of 19 Posts