1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
resident classicist
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
R.I.P. Do not contact.
1,905 Posts
Totally shocked. My favorites with him are Q: The Winged Serpent, Death Race 2000, and The Long Riders (which also starred his half-brothers Keith and Robert). I caught Cannonball and Boxcar Bertha on cable a couple times last month too.

Edit: Totally forgot the cult rarity Sonny Boy, which is absolutely insane and in desperate need of a rediscovery on DVD.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
I was really surprised to see this when I woke up this morning. I use to watch him in the tv series Kung Fu when I was a kid.

R.I.P. Grasshopper

·
Registered
38 Posts
so sad to hear of his death. My mum and I watched him on Kung Fu in the 70s.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Awww **** that is very sad news. I loved what i'd seen of Carradine in Kung Fu, Kill Bill, Long Riders, Death Race etc.

:(

·
Registered
330 Posts
Truly tragic news. David Carradine was one of the few Hollywood actors I truly admired. His death came as a shock and I must admit it really saddened me. :(

Goodnight, sweet prince​

·
SAS Veteran
1,841 Posts
I was told our family on my mom's side was apparently related to the Carradines. I don't know how true that is. I'm shocked. It's sad that people are found dead in such a humiliating condition. No clothes and found by the maid. It sounds like so many other incidents.

·
gone
5,224 Posts
That sucks. I didn't know who this was until I saw the Kill Bill movies a few months ago, and realized I knew him from Kung Fu: The Legend Continues (which I never actually watched, just remembered the commercials).

I was going to make some comment about the exploding heart technique, but maybe too soon..

·
Banned
3,608 Posts

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
He was 72. I read somewhere today in his autobiography that this issue (the way he was found), he attempted to do it at age five.

There had to have been some issue in his life that he never got a hold of. So many wives and doing weird things... :(

It's like he was a tormented soul.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts