Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in meeting other people, I've looked at some dating sites, but I'm a little nervous going out with "normal" people.

It be great if there was a site for SA people interested in dating. I remember there was a SA friends site a while ago and that closed, what happened?

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
I'm interested in meeting other people, I've looked at some dating sites, but I'm a little nervous going out with "normal" people.

It be great if there was a site for SA people interested in dating. I remember there was a SA friends site a while ago and that closed, what happened?
Under the previous SAS owners, socialanxietyfriends was a part of this site. That site was closed when SAS ownership shifted (October or November? of last year). This site took on some of the features that SAF had while the previous owners opened up livinganxious (which is more like MySpace than a dating site). That's my understanding, anyway. :)

·
HaloOfDarkness
608 Posts
I don't know of any dating sites that focus on people with anxiety but if you do sign up for a dating site, just make sure your honest with who you are and how you feel, that way if you do go on a date, they will understand your nervousness or if at any moment your quiet, then they won't ask you why. Hopefully you'll meet someone that is going through the same thing you are so they won't shut you out because of it. Clearly your going to start out slow, your not going to want to jump into a relationship with someone who is extremely outgoing and adventurous and by adventurous I don't mean hiking or camping, more like going to clubs and high populated areas of the world. I really suck at this advice giving, I probably just make everything worse. Don't pay any attention to what I say, I'm just speaking from my own heart and what I guess how I would personally go about the dating site thing. It's pure nonsense.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts