Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went on a date with a guy i met from plentyoffish, but I knew of him. Because we graduated at the same high school class of 2000. Anyway,I was nervous and he seemed nervous. We made alittle conversation, but the rest of it was silence. He said he wants to see me again, but I dont know if he was interested because he did not talk. I always have this problem.

·
Registered
95 Posts
that's what i'm afraid is gonna happen with me too!! cause like u, i met this guy from POF, but unlike you, we had no prior history. i've only been on 2 other dates in my life, so i'm nervous i'm not gonna know what to say and we'll be staring around the room. luckily, we have a lot in common and will talk for hours online and talk on the phone quite a bit, but i just have a feeling, when i see him face-to-face, i'll be intimidated and i'll lose my wording and freak out. so i'm sorry it went that route for u...

·
Registered
425 Posts
he must of thought i was ugly
Hey if that's you in your avatar, then to be honest I really like your smile and I really don't think you're ugly. But I can't blame you for thinking that, I do think the same of myself. and I am sure us SA'ers would say the same.

When I see an attractive woman, instead of approaching her and just starting a conversation by saying 'hi' I have millions of second thoughts about my physical appearance. *sigh*

·
Registered
213 Posts
Go see a movie and then go someplace laid back like a fast-food joint. You won't have to talk at all during the movie and then you can use the movie to start a discussion afterward.

You can't judge him for being quiet when you yourself know what its like to be shy and quiet. You might be two peas from the same pod!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He wasnt the right guy for me, I dont know y I cant get a decent guy friend. Most guys arent patient with me, they really do not want to get to know me.

Obviously, we didnt have any chemistry, plus I need someone more outgoing.

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
This girl I was seeing broke it off with me because she said we didn't have a connection. I don't know whether that means there was no chemistry or what but I don't know what some people expect. When people talk about chemistry I get so confused because I think it can be taken different ways, so i don't have any idea what someone means when they say that. I have a question for whoever wants to answer: define chemistry being concerned with relationships

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.