Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure how long this TV show will be around, but have any of you watched it? What do you think? Would you be willing to be on that show?

Would you feel more or less anxiety not knowing what the other person looks like and them not knowing what you look like? Do you think you would be able to focus on what you are saying versus body language and other non-verbal communication, or would it be just like talking to someone on the telephone and you wouldn't get any feedback and that would cause problems?

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
It's like this forum, only in the dark :lol.

Seriously, it's probably another ploy for ratings.

·
Beautiful Mess
1,284 Posts
That sounds like fun to me! I would love to date someone in the dark as long as he/she did not touch me!

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Darn, no touching... what kinda fun would that be... the funnest part would be the touching... lol... just kidding... sort of.:yes:blush

·
Registered
867 Posts
i saw that show its fun to watch them reveal there face to each other and see if they stay or walk out. but i do feel kind bad for the ones that were rejected but not too much since they choose to be on the show, and its exciting to watch there reaction.

in fact the latest episode i just wanted to watch the end part only cause that's the best part to me. Although i would never want to be on that show even without social anxiety because of the fact that in the end you might be rejected or will have to do the rejecting. I guess i rather see the person first before dating them.

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
in fact the latest episode i just wanted to watch the end part only cause that's the best part to me. Although i would never want to be on that show even without social anxiety because of the fact that in the end you might be rejected or will have to do the rejecting. I guess i rather see the person first before dating them.
It sounds like you are focusing too much on the rejection side of things. The couple that didn't work yesterday had obvious differences and it was a good thing. Not every match will work or should work.

There have been plenty of them that have found a match (66% so far).

·
Registered
8,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This show is kind of scary now. I would say how the person looks plays a big part in if they end up together at the end. Maybe if they were in the dark for months it might change, but the girls seem to be more shallow than the guys are. (looks too young, too short, etc...)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts