Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well not really a date but more of a visit!

I managed to get this hot girl to come visit me at my home for a short time only, she agreed.
So we talked, spend some nice time i think, i gave her chocolate etc...
Then finally i asked her if she wanted a relationship with me and i said i loved her! She laughed and said no. Explaining to me she doesnt want any relationship with anyone, because she had enough of those, but i dont buy it.
I think maybe i just wasnt her type.

At the end i told her perhaps we could do this again, she said, you have my phone number!
And when she left she kissed me on both my cheeks and giggled while leaving!

Now im confused, does she like me or not?

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
You gave her chocolate etc. and she still didn't want to be in a relationship with you? WTF?

·
Banned
3,473 Posts
Well not really a date but more of a visit!

I managed to get this hot girl to come visit me at my home for a short time only, she agreed.
So we talked, spend some nice time i think, i gave her chocolate etc...
Then finally i asked her if she wanted a relationship with me and i said i loved her! She laughed and said no. Explaining to me she doesnt want any relationship with anyone, because she had enough of those, but i dont buy it.
I think maybe i just wasnt her type.

At the end i told her perhaps we could do this again, she said, you have my phone number!
And when she left she kissed me on both my cheeks and giggled while leaving!

Now im confused, does she like me or not?
lol, you told her you loved her? Christ. She's probably bs-ing you as well, as usual, but you know that already. Move on.

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
There is something wrong with that picture....on so many levels.

·
Still playing.
7,256 Posts
I think that's the definition of coming on too strong.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
just stay at it , maybe it will grow.
most ppl say they don't want a relationship but after a while they change.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Take a deep breath, first off future advice, generally after the first date, girls won't want to agree to a relationship, its kind of scary I mean how do you know after only one day (or even one weekend if it was a weekend long visit or something) that you want to commit to this person. Dating is about getting to know another person over time.

Sorry you are feeling down and rejected though.

·
At the edge of the world
1,146 Posts
i know how you feel man. I had a girl over a while back (first one in a long time) we got on really well, we had a lot in common, i told her i really liked her and she said the same. One she left i texted her but didnt hear anything back, when i finally got a response it was just a quick hello. when i spoke to her on IM i asked if she wanted to go out and do something and she gave me the 'lets just be friends' excuse, obviously not wanting to be friends but just a polite rejection

first time i find someone i get on really well with and get rejected almost immediatly. i think i was a bit too deep with her, i heard girls dont like that in the early stages so maybe thats what happened with you, but it seems like she just doesnt like you enough to want to be anything with you, its tough but just need to keep your mind strong, your certainly not alone

·
Registered
97 Posts
I would try to hang out with her again. . But telling her you love her may have been a bit much. Also, like someone said, it takes awhile for people to want a relationship with you. Maybe if you take it slow it might work out. :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok next time i wont be coming on so fast. I just never had a relationship thats why i wanted it so bad.
But if she didnt like me she wouldn't have kissed me on the cheeks saying goodbye right?
After all she made that first move.

·
thoughts are just thought
1,263 Posts
Ok next time i wont be coming on so fast. I just never had a relationship thats why i wanted it so bad.
But if she didnt like me she wouldn't have kissed me on the cheeks saying goodbye right?
A kiss on the cheek is meaningless.

Here is how you define if a girl likes as in a potential boyfriend/girlfriend way, is she affectionate with you in a way she would not be with a little kid or a puppy.

Yes she clearly likes you in a friendship kind of way, but a kiss on the cheek doesn't necessarily anything more than just friendship.

I think you pretty have much count this as a loss and a learning experience.

·
Banned
811 Posts
This is still a huge plus for me and i´d be content with. It makes me happy.
But better would be ofcourse if she liked me as true boyfriend.
She doesn't like you in that way. Move on or keep her as a friend you can talk to. I think it's a good thing to have some female friends to have a different perspective on things. And if she is good company, keep her in your life.

She wasn't a ***** about turning you down. I think she was polite, and maybe she laughed because she was nervous or it caught her off guard. Are you sure you even liked her? How well did you know her? Your desperation could be playing with your emotions.

But you asked her out so congrats on that. It's a good first step. Just allow things to progress naturally and try again with another girl.

·
Done with everyone
1,039 Posts
Be careful with the L-word. I've been told to hold off on using it. Try just keeping the mood light by saying things like "I enjoyed our time together" and just smile.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
haha obviously you came on a little strong and she probably thought you were quasi-joking. next time you see her maybe you should try to play it off like it was all an elaborate joke or that you were high or something. look on the bright side though; the ice between you two is broken and the hardest part is already over.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts