Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a date in 1hr and I'm freaking out. What do I do? What do I say? How do I maintain conversation for more than 15 seconds. Help please Help. Jesus! :eek:

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Blah, sorry I haven't been on a date, so don't really know what to say. Deep breathing? Realise that she's a human just like you? Don't put her on a pedestal? Err don't worry about trying to impress her all the time, because she should be trying to impress you too? Don't stress about impressing her? Just try to focus on having fun with her and enjoying the date as opposed to trying to impress her like its a test? It is a test? Do you know what shoes you are going to wear? Do you have fresh socks? Shaved today? Err she will be nervous too, maybe? Don't try to be someone who you are not, because it will be obvious -either straight away or later on? hmm Relax, you'll be fine? Breath mints? Have you checked for any random mutated really long nose hairs that somehow mangaed to escape your attention until now and is sticking a few millimetres out of your nose? Good luck? Let us know how it goes? Her **** stinks too? Try and enjoy it? Take a step back and relax and try and enjoy it from time to time during the date?

Okay back to my essay: ''The Chinese government has been focusing on the economic development since 1978 when China opened up. Why? To what extent has it impacted on Chinese foreign policy?'' Its due in about an hour too :lol

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blah, sorry I haven't been on a date, so don't really know what to say. Deep breathing? Realise that she's a human just like you? Don't put her on a pedestal? Err don't worry about trying to impress her all the time, because she should be trying to impress you too? Don't stress about impressing her? Just try to focus on having fun with her and enjoying the date as opposed to trying to impress her like its a test? It is a test? Do you know what shoes you are going to wear? Do you have fresh socks? Shaved today? Err she will be nervous too, maybe? Don't try to be someone who you are not, because it will be obvious -either straight away or later on? hmm Relax, you'll be fine? Breath mints? Have you checked for any random mutated really long nose hairs that somehow mangaed to escape your attention until now and is sticking a few millimetres out of your nose? Good luck? Let us know how it goes? Her **** stinks too? Try and enjoy it? Take a step back and relax and try and enjoy it from time to time during the date?

Okay back to my essay: ''The Chinese government has been focusing on the economic development since 1978 when China opened up. Why? To what extent has it impacted on Chinese foreign policy?'' Its due in about an hour too :lol
yeah I got fresh socks and everything. I didn't shave though. I've been doing the 2 day shave look. I should have shaved. Jesus why the **** didn't I shave. Play a little guitar play a little guitar play a little guitar play a little guitar play a little guitar play a little guitar. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Sing this song when you meet her
always works for me.

Nah. First, try to relax. I know thats hard but try. Dont overthink or plan what specifically youre gonna say. Just play it by ear. Just think of the date as being with an old friend and you're hanging out. No pressure for anything, no expectations.

Goodluck :)

·
Chief Worrier
1,889 Posts
yeah I got fresh socks and everything. I didn't shave though. I've been doing the 2 day shave look. I should have shaved. Jesus why the **** didn't I shave. Play a little guitar play a little guitar play a little guitar play a little guitar play a little guitar play a little guitar. Thanks for the advice.
you don't have to shave. it won't be the end of the world. and if you think you look good unshaven, then even better! and if you DON'T think so, try to at least act like you do. or instead of checking this forum, go shave right now :]

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Don't don't don't cut yourself while shaving in panic! Going to a date with bits of tp plastering your bleed wounds is not gonna impress anyone <shakes head> Don't be too rigid with your questions, see where they lead and ask related questions. You know what the occasional silence is okay; its not the end of the world. She's probably panicking during those moments too. Maybe you could even joke about it, somehow. Take home message: Don't cut yourself shaving.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
From reading this I hope you didn't put too much pressure on yourself. How did it go?
Thanks all. Everything went well. We both got piss drunk though so I'm not feeling very good today. I didn't really intend to get drunk like that but you know how it happens. From what I recall we seemed to get along well and she seems like a really nice person. She sent me a text saying she had a really great time so that seems like a positive sign. Things even got a little heated on the dance floor :boogie. I'm feeling a little bit **** faced and was disappointed to see I had an $84 bar tab but all in all things went great. Now for the dreaded follow up. :eek:

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone. Anyway she's a hairdresser and she asked me to come see her at work today so I did. She gave me a shampoo and cut my hair which I thought was really sexy. Afterward we went to sonic and talked for a while. I don't know guys. I certainly wasn't as social as I was with all that liquor in me. I just hope it wasn't a let down after all the fun we had last night. She said we should get together again so I guess that's a good sign. Gosh I don't know. Is this too big for me? I've usually never gotten past date 1. Also we were all over each other last night and tonight I just gave her a hug. Should I have gone in for a kiss? These things seem so foreign to me.

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
I think a hug was fine. It seemed like it was going pretty fast from what you described about your first date because of the alcohol, so slowing it down a little is a good thing.

·
Registered
374 Posts
you don't usually get past date number 1?

same here. The one time I did, I had to high of expectation. Just stay realistic is my advice..I mean go crazy in love if you feel to, but if it starts to fall apart then be realistic..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts