Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who else has dark/stress rings under their eyes? If I'm correct this is caused by either lack of sleep or stress, both of which I have. My under eyes look kind of tighter than normal like they're sucked in. And have a dark shade to them with visible lines beneath my eyes that weren't there when I was younger. It's aesthetically ugly I guess, who wants to see a stressed out person? This is making me even more self conscious. ****tt! I noticed that many people with SA have these dark rings.

·
Nope, still not!
3,273 Posts
Me, my face is just deformed like that.

·
Becoming Cynical....
177 Posts
I have that too :( I think it's getting worse as well.

·
Gentle Impulsion
7,792 Posts
I know you're a guy and all but you could use concealer. Seriously, it works. Just put a small amount on and rub it around until it's blended. If you feel awkward buying it at a store you can get it online. Name brand doesn't matter too much, just get one that matches your skin color or close.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Yeah I have these and they've definitely become more prominent over the last couple of years or so. I have been very stressed and that has meant I haven't been getting good quality sleep.

I also believe it is a common sign of aging as the skin underneath your eyes becomes thinner and the blood vessels show through more. I've noticed looking at photos of people from when they were 20 or so and then at 30 that quite a few of them have that tired eyes look. I'm sure some of it is stress but I think it is just natural aging. Sucks to be us lol :b

·
Registered
566 Posts
Yeah I've had dark, sunken rings for a long time. I sleep okay. Maybe its from smoking? I use eye cream which seems to make them less dark but they are still sunken.

·
Melancholic
257 Posts
I've always had those. Must be stress since I usually get enough sleep.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yeah, I've had those since forever, I think its genetic in my case. Mom and sister both have them too. I've tried creams but they don't do much so I've just accepted that I'm going to always have them. I don't worry too much because lots of people have them, especially when they get older.

·
Banned
2,397 Posts
I've found caffeine makes them worse and exercise, particularly aerobic exercise, makes them better.

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
I just looked at my licence photo and I've got HUGE dark circles around my eyes lol. I can't seem to notice them in the mirror though or any other mirror lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have em too! Sucks big time, though I think mine are due to genetics and not lack of sleep/stress. Pretty annoying when random people at work come up to you and ask if you had not slept or were up all night partying.

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
yea they are quite bad, not sure when I first started getting them? but I know I had the problem as far back as school as I remember people commenting on them.

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
I am not sure they're full rings, but I definitely have darkness around the inner corners (and I started getting lines around/under my eyes at 26, and now crinkliness). I have really bad insomnia, so I don't expect they'll ever go away. It used to not look particularly bad even though I wasn't sleeping days at a time. I think I probably look terrible in the bright lighting in classrooms (I know I do in the bathrooms), so I hate when people look at me in classes.

·
Banned
146 Posts
I've had them since I was 13, I think it is caused by adrenal fatigue

·
Blessed Infection
143 Posts
Not sure how long ago it was. I think maybe 13 or 14, but I've had dark circles for quite a while now. They got sort of a dark purplish/bluish color going on, really bad looking.

·
LoneWolf
345 Posts
always had it since a teen ;/

Anyone who sleeps late will have dark eye circles. Don't freak out. One may have dark eye circles, but if you start getting enough sleep, there will be a bright glimpse in your eyes so you won't appear as a "Stressed" person.

OKay. A beauty tip for you:

- Place a slice of cucumber on both your eyes, covering the dark eye circles for about 10 to 15 minutes, DAILY.

and of course. sleep early. and relax. don't stress.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts