Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this is a really dumb paranoid question, but is it dangerous to use a photo as an avatar? Is there any way it can be stolen or used by someone else? I would like to use a photo as an avatar but need some reassurance first..

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Yeah it's possible to steal it but why would anyone? It's like a 100x100 pixel image. I've never seen anyone even bother to steal something like that.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi, this is a really dumb paranoid question, but is it dangerous to use a photo as an avatar? Is there any way it can be stolen or used by someone else? I would like to use a photo as an avatar but need some reassurance first..
Yes, but I doubt anybody here would even consider doing such a thing. We're all in the same boat. :)

·
Losing Ground
2,121 Posts
It could be used by someone else, yes. Anyone could save the picture to their PC if they wanted. Those are certainly possibilities.

·
Registered
155 Posts
They could take your picture if they wanted to, I guess. I guess you should pick one that you wouldn't mind people seeing. I don't worry about it though, especially on this site.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I dont see why someone would want to take it for the purpose of anything harmful. Maybe they would just want it to worship you? =)

But yeah don't worry this place is safe enough. =]

·
Registered
984 Posts
The rule of thumb to ask yourself about posting any of your pictures on the internets is "would I be comfortable with this picture being posted on the front page of the newspaper?"

·
Shauna The Dead
6,389 Posts
I never worried about that, but then again I'm the type who wants my face plastered all over everything anyway so I don't care, I'd take it as a compliment if someone stole my picture :D

·
SAS Veteran
1,841 Posts
Anyone can right click and save an image belonging to someone else. It's easy to do. If you do not feel right about adding a photo avatar of you or someone else you know, you don't have to. I used to be scared to do that. You might enjoy adding a small sized picture of something you have taken a pic of like a flower or a favorite scene. You'll have to shrink it down to size for it to fit on your profile/posts.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I never worried about that, but then again I'm the type who wants my face plastered all over everything anyway so I don't care, I'd take it as a compliment if someone stole my picture :D
LOL, Confession time. I have saved one of your old pics you posted. I'm not weird I just think you're a cutie. I photo shopped it to make it look bloody and slashery cuz you're into that style film-wise.

·
Shauna The Dead
6,389 Posts
LOL, Confession time. I have saved one of your old pics you posted. I'm not weird I just think you're a cutie. I photo shopped it to make it look bloody and slashery cuz you're into that style film-wise.
Aww thanks :) which pic? Can I see your edited version if its still around? LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts