Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight my little town had a small art event downtown that involved closing off Main Street so pedestrians could walk about freely. I wound up there since I, oddly, felt like being around some other people. I walked around and was just beginning to feel lonely since I didn't know anyone and couldn't find the courage to strike up a conversation with a stranger... when suddenly I saw a huge group of people dancing together to some really fun music. I watched for a while and they were all following the lead of this one really charismatic guy and laughing and having a great time.

I'm an awful dancer, but there were plenty of other awful dancers of all ages, so after the first dance was over, I joined in and it was so much fun! I am a complete wallflower and can't find the nerve to dance even when I've had all the wine I can hold, but something was different tonight. Everyone looked so happy, the weather was nice, the lighting was good... it was just so inviting! We were all dancing poorly and laughing with each other. It was such a refreshing time! I felt so relaxed and normal.

I wish I knew where to find that environment regularly.

·
Banned
2,689 Posts
Tonight my little town had a small art event downtown that involved closing off Main Street so pedestrians could walk about freely. I wound up there since I, oddly, felt like being around some other people. I walked around and was just beginning to feel lonely since I didn't know anyone and couldn't find the courage to strike up a conversation with a stranger... when suddenly I saw a huge group of people dancing together to some really fun music. I watched for a while and they were all following the lead of this one really charismatic guy and laughing and having a great time.

I'm an awful dancer, but there were plenty of other awful dancers of all ages, so after the first dance was over, I joined in and it was so much fun! I am a complete wallflower and can't find the nerve to dance even when I've had all the wine I can hold, but something was different tonight. Everyone looked so happy, the weather was nice, the lighting was good... it was just so inviting! We were all dancing poorly and laughing with each other. It was such a refreshing time! I felt so relaxed and normal.

I wish I knew where to find that environment regularly.
Thats good news. If you can dance in front of people the other stuff isn't far behind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts