Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe this has been discussed before... though I didn't see it on the search.

Anyone hurt themselves? as a Secondary Disorder?

When I get stressed, I still have a really major desire to cut. It seems like it'll really releave the emotional pain. I promised my therapist 3 years ago or so, that I wouldn't do it anymore.. though it really makes perfect sense to me. I didn't understand, and really still don't, why she was so upset. :p

I have only done it once since then. But I had some major stress today, and for hours I really have thought about breaking out the razor blade.

Ugh.

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
I have been really depressed these last few months and have resorted to cutting on a number of ocassions.

If you need help on self injury heres a site I found. Gives some alternative coping methods instead of having to cut yourself...

http://www.angelfire.com/bc3/secondchan ... stosi.html

·
SAS Member
14,453 Posts
I used to hurt myself. I didn't cut or anything like that, but i would hit myself, my legs, chest, face and my head(on the wall sometimes) when i lost control...i also put my fists through the wall many time.

I rarely do that anymore though. I'm pretty calm about it all now(i don't take everything so personally) which is a good thing. It's also great because it cost me a lot less in apartment reparation :lol

·
Registered
845 Posts
I use to cut my arms when i was stressed,but now i mentally punish myself for mistakes ive made,as im sure most of us on this board do.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
yes, i also do that. in the past i have also cut myself leaving disturbing reminders on my body of how unhappy and bitter i have been about a life gone wrong.

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
I have cut at times. There have been a couple periods where it was a really bad addiction and for a week or so whenever I was alone I would break out the knife/scissors/razor blade. Other times it wouldn't be so bad and I wouldn't go too crazy cutting or burning myself.

I haven't done it in a year and a few months and I'm pretty proud of that....It's really addictive and I always find myself wanting to just resort to it.
The thing about it is I couldn't really see a downside to doing it. I don't really see one now actually. I'm just glad I can control it though because I ****ing hate going through that period after I do it where I am worried someone will find out (hell I still worry someone will notice the scars).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts