Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else looking forward to this game?

I just learned about it. One of the things that disappointed me about the MMORPGs I've played so far (EQ I, WC) is that there are so many power gamers, and so few explorers. Typically, when I went into an instance people would spoil me by telling me what to expect, and what to do. This one time I created a group to go into an instance that was new to me and by chance no one else had been into the instance. The group was about to break up because the other people didn't want to "waste time" learning the zone. Finally some guy decided he could read the walkthrough on another screen and lead us through - that's the one reason the group stayed together.

For some reason I think D&D will have more explorers to group up with.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I was looking forward to DDO but the low amount of levels is depressing and how magic is being done I'm sorta wondering if will be worthwhile. Plus the fact there will still be a significant amount of playability solo.

I like how EQ1 classic was. Only 2 class's could really solo and those class's generally weren't wanted by groups. The rest of the class's all needed group play and everything was co-op.

Then I also like exploration, EQ1 and UO were good for that. EQ2 they gave in to making everything geared for power gamers with even haveing strat guides available from day 1. There was no exploration.

I'm feeling DDO will be lacking alot also, I didn't make it into the beta but a few friends did and more of them are displeased. Seems only the hardcore D&D lovers are a few of those even aren't. Will see thou.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If anyone is interesting in trying this out, you can get into the beta stress test for free. The stress test lasts until dec. 17

To download the client, go to fileplanet.com and sign up as a free subscriber. Next, find the link on the main page for the "standard" DDO client. Scroll down to find the place where you can download the client for free.

Fileplanet wants you to subscribe so they clutter the screen with ads and offers. Don't be fooled. You can download the client for free, but it took me about 10 minutes to wade through the ads.

I'm waiting to download the client right now... :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts