Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
In orbit, always
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously, why do cysts have to grow in the most awkward of places? I have one in my lower interior lip. It's about 1.5 cm -- not large at all, but large enough to be annoying. Now my doctor has referred me to a plastic surgeon to have it removed in two weeks. I anticipate a delightful experience.

·
Gentle Impulsion
7,792 Posts
oh my god i know what you mean. i don't even want to go there though!! XD

it'll be ok, good luck to yoU! :)

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
i had a cyst in an awkward place. had it for years and sometimes it would get big and painful. i finally went to a doctor to have it removed but she recommended me not to get it removed because of where it was. eventually it went away but id say i had it for 10 years.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
I think at worst, you would be sore for a day or two - I thought that it would be considered oral surgery. My wisdom teeth surgery (I had FIVE removed) had me in pain for 36 hours tops, and I had the dissolvable stitches.

·
In orbit, always
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I remember having four of my widsom teeth pulled in 1991. I was quite loopy for 24 hours, but not in that much pain. I'm just annoyed that this cyst has grown in my lip, rather than somewhere easy like my arm.

The surgery is tomorrow (the 30th). Wish me luck.

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
Keep picking at it. It's the only way.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I had one on top of my head for a few years but I removed it myself. It was quite satisfying in a gross sort of a way. ;)

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
I had one on my bottom eyelid and had the surgory completely conscious so I felt like I was at the dentist... but on my eye!! which looking back freaks me out but it went fine I felt nothing had to wear an eyepatch thing just cotton wool and tape!! lol and stayed off college for a day. I guess yours'll genuinely feel like you're at the dentist.
Good luck anyway.

·
In orbit, always
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Everything transpired splendidly. When the surgeon started his incision, he found five separate growths instead of one. So I have more stitches than I predicted. I'm still drooling, 24 hours later (ha ha). The surgery took 30-40 minutes, but with the valium in my system, it felt like three minutes.

My pre-op nurse was hysterical. I'm always nervous in medical situations, causing my heart rate and blood pressure to elevate. When she attached a pulse meter, she said "Wow! It's been a long time since I've made a man THAT excited!"

This was a much more pleasant experience than the swollen lymph node I had removed from the corner of my eye 12 years ago.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Lol!! that's funny. My nurse at the time really irritated me he was really, really nice but he kept asking about college and what I'm taking and I was stressed as hell waiting for this operation so didn't feel like small talk. I'm really glad to hear it went well. Sounds like you dealt with it well too I'd probably get nervous when they said there's more than one. Overall though it's good to get it all out of your way.

·
Nowhere Man
2,415 Posts
I have a huge one on the back of my head :p

I'd have to shave my mop off to get it removed. It'll probably burst when I'm older. Not looking forward to that ¬_¬

1 - 13 of 13 Posts