Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After taking MAOIs, I swore myself off SSRIs, but I might change my mind about that now. I've been taking Trileptal 300mg/day for a month now after tapering off Nardil and it seems like my brain has slowed down. I sometimes find myself grasping for words in my mind when searching for words in a conversation. And it's already hard enough for me to make a conversation continue. Anyway, I've been reading some success stories with Cymbalta. Can anyone vouch for that? And I would only take Remeron to help solve my sleeping problems, but it would be a plus if it help with my social anxiety. Then again, who knows. Maybe this is how I'm supposed to think without social anxiety.

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
The "california rocket fuel" combo which is remeron + an SNRI is a useful combo usually reserved to treat severe depression, more often than not remeron is used with effexor, but cymbalta is also occasionally used with success. Good luck.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Effexor XR mixed with 2mg of clonazepam has totally wiped my anxiety. I am going to see if the effects last. Yesterday and today I have been really social and over confident.

I have no inhibitions right now, .....so i'm thinking it could be some sort of mania?

I see my pdoc next week.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2mg of Klonopin by itself is enough to put me to sleep. I don't have much of an issue with depression. It's just the social anxiety (or what I think is Avoidant Personality Disorder) that's handcuffing me. Still doing some more searching on Cymbalta, Wellbutrin, and Effexor. Having no inhibitions sounds good though to me though.

·
Registered
192 Posts
No, I've been on Clonazepam for 6 years, .....but this combo has turned me into a social monster.

I actually enjoy talking to people on this combo. I think I am way too confident. Don't want to come across as too full on.

Can't complain though, .....last week I couldn't be bothered leaving my house.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts