Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been going to an SA group at my school and I think one of the members is so cute!!! I just don't know if I should even try to be friends with him out of the group. When group is over he is always the first one to leave and seems like he runs out the door lol. Also, often times in group he says he does not really suffer from anxiety just that he has a disinterest in interacting with people and would rather stay home. So I am worried he won't even want to be my friend. Also, my SA is so bad that even in group when we have to talk out loud I'm always so nervous and stuttering like an idiot so he probably thinks I am a weirdo :( I would just like your honest opinions and any advice if I should pursue him or just let it go...

·
SASsy
18,100 Posts
Ask him out if you want to. If he says no then he says no. There are other fish in the sea.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do it! I call BS on his "I-don't-care" story, he's probably really nervous around people, hence the bolting out after the meetings end. Tell him you'd like to get to know him better, over coffee or whatever. It's worth a try.

·
Reposed in awesomeness...
2,278 Posts
Do it! I call BS on his "I-don't-care" story, he's probably really nervous around people, hence the bolting out after the meetings end. Tell him you'd like to get to know him better, over coffee or whatever. It's worth a try.
I second that. I would probably have said something like that when I was at school, but the truth is I do have SA. Ask him. It may be as much a good thing for him as for you...

·
I have tried too long
1,272 Posts
I also think you should try to approach him, he must have joined that group for a reason, I'm sure deep inside he wants interaction as much as anyone else with SA.
Oh, and I think it's lovely that you have a SA group at your school :clap

·
Temporarily stationary
1,486 Posts
I also think you should try to approach him, he must have joined that group for a reason, I'm sure deep inside he wants interaction as much as anyone else with SA.
Oh, and I think it's lovely that you have a SA group at your school :clap
Agreed with everything. Also jealous you have a group like that at your school. I checked the orgs at mine and was totally disappointed.

·
Banned
3,884 Posts
He has S.A if he's the first to leave out the door...
Ask him.

And a S.A group in school? wow that's crazy, didn't know most people knew about SA.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts