Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Waiting on Jason
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's and example of what they're like:
http://www.cuddleparty.com/rules/

Would anyone ever go to one? I want a cuddle buddy (but not a boyfriend), male affection, but no sex...maybe a gay cuddle buddy.

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
wtf... that's like being pseudo-intimate. There's a reason why cuddling is cuddling. I don't want a platonic, random chick to pretend to have a fun time with cuddling.

I want to cuddle with my intimate partner and that's it. I don't like the idea of being the gay friend.

·
Waiting on Jason
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel stuck. I'm not ready for sex, but I do want affection. I'd like a relationship and only cuddle with a boyfriend, but things are...not going well at the moment. I am too scared and uncomfortable to touch strangers, but I'm having trouble in the relationship area. If I could find a guy that could cuddle without wanting sex... I just need and option for affection to deal with the situation I'm in right now.

Hmmm...I guess it could be a friend, but I don't want touch/cuddle with women and if it were a guy friend I'd be scared it would turn into or the other would want something I can't do.

·
Don't text me, bro
788 Posts
I feel stuck. I'm not ready for sex, but I do want affection. I'd like a relationship and only cuddle with a boyfriend, but things are...not going well at the moment. I am too scared and uncomfortable to touch strangers, but I'm having trouble in the relationship area. If I could find a guy that could cuddle without wanting sex... I just need and option for affection to deal with the situation I'm in right now.

Hmmm...I guess it could be a friend, but I don't want touch/cuddle with women and if it were a guy friend I'd be scared it would turn into or the other would want something I can't do.
There is nothing in it for the man. Straight or homosexual, they would want something more than just cuddling.

·
Banned
1,662 Posts
It didn't say anything in the rules about touching someones butt while your cuddleing them.

·
Waiting on Jason
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess it might not be the best option for me (or the other person). :(

What would y'all do if affection was required, but you couldn't be the person or do the things expected in a relationship?

·
Banned
1,662 Posts
I guess it might not be the best option for me (or the other person). :(

What would y'all do if affection was required, but you couldn't be the person or do the things expected in a relationship?
You can only feel affection if your in love with someone or you at least have some sort of a connection with the other person, hugging a stranger won't do anything for you.

·
Banned
1,662 Posts
I was thinking about this earlier today. Cuddling sounds good to me but I'd rather do it with a lover too. I'm really not that comfortable touching just everyone. Even accidentally holding a woman's hand for a few seconds can haunt me for months. It can be a rather powerful thing to share.
???

·
Waiting on Jason
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You can only feel affection if your in love with someone or you at least have some sort of a connection with the other person, hugging a stranger won't do anything for you.
I've had connections with guys, but we didn't want the same things. Lake of sex isn't an ideal for most people in romantic relationships. I have a good friend (he's my ex *awkward face*), but I can't do anything like that 'cause we have a history and it can't go there again.

·
aldehyde dehydrogenaser
7,408 Posts
Hm.. although in my younger years, I was more or less open to the idea of cuddle parties, these days it just seems like an easy way for strangers to grope you. Yeah, I'm paranoid. :D

·
FAILURE
618 Posts
lol I know about this I saw a feature about this maybe 3 years ago...... it was full of ahem (horny) men.

·
Banned
1,662 Posts
I've had connections with guys, but we didn't want the same things. Lake of sex isn't an ideal for most people in romantic relationships. I have a good friend (he's my ex *awkward face*), but I can't do anything like that 'cause we have a history and it can't go there again.
Mabye the issue is sex, mabye you need to get over your fear or whatever it is. Oh and I don't know what the dealio with X is but I still get it on with my X, a relationship is out of the question but we still like to re-anact the past so to speak.

·
Waiting on Jason
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hm.. although in my younger years, I was more or less open to the idea of cuddle parties, these days it just seems like an easy way for strangers to grope you. Yeah, I'm paranoid. :D
lol I know about this I saw a feature about this maybe 3 years ago...... it was full of ahem (horny) men.
I was thinking the same thing. How safe it might not be and how things could get out of hand.

·
Waiting on Jason
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mabye the issue is sex, mabye you need to get over your fear or whatever it is. Oh and I don't know what the dealio with X is but I still get it on with my X, a relationship is out of the question but we still like to re-anact the past so to speak.
I know, I'm trying to deal with me sex issues (I want to wait), but I don't know what to do in the mean time. I still want affection and physical closeness with a guy. I'd be happy with just that...going all all the way isn't on my list of things to do.
I'd always want a relationship and he wouldn't, plus there are other things that make up incompatible.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
WHAT TO BRING: Sorry, no liquor folks. Juice or sparkling cider is always welcome.
But I prefer my grape juice fermented. Cider is better fermented as well.:)

·
Waiting on Jason
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We were in a craft store, she smiled at me and then we were darting off in opposite directions. Somehow our hands interlocked like velcro and she flung back towards me. Maybe I didn't want to let her go.
Aawwwww! That's cute. :)

·
electric
6,777 Posts
I don't like the idea of this either. I love cuddling with a lover and it's important to me in a relationship, but the idea of one without the other seems very childish. Part of the deal is the possibility of loss, of the vulnerability that goes into opening up to someone. That's life.

·
Banned
1,662 Posts
I know, I'm trying to deal with me sex issues (I want to wait), but I don't know what to do in the mean time. I still want affection and physical closeness with a guy. I'd be happy with just that...going all all the way isn't on my list of things to do.
I'd always want a relationship and he wouldn't, plus there are other things that make up incompatible.
Well there's only one sollution you need to a fella that genuinly loves you, if I really loved a girl and she didn't won't to do it, i'd be cool with that, there's alway's Mrs Palm and her 5 lovely daughters, you just need to be clear with the dude from the get go, most guy's today expect sex straight away in a realationship, hope my advise has helped although I am 31 and have had 10 million GF's so mabye you shouldn't listen to me.

·
Banned
1,662 Posts
We were in a craft store, she smiled at me and then we were darting off in opposite directions. Somehow our hands interlocked like velcro and she flung back towards me. Maybe I didn't want to let her go.
Dude :D that's awsome, when you gonna ask her out?????????

1 - 20 of 80 Posts