Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you watch this show? I used to hate crime-thrillers, but this one comes at it from a different angle.

Instead of senseless shooting and blowing-****-up, this series focuses on the mental process that drives a 'criminal' to do what he or she does. It is a suspenseful series that likes to introduce each criminal and cover his or her back-story, and then build on this with current events which culminate into an edge-of-seat climax, ending with very emotional falling action and a somber conclusion.

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
I used to watch this tv show like way back in 2010. Then I watch it this year and they find two legs chopped off from a body hidden in a bush and I'm just like "How the **** was I able to watch this show when I was younger?" I swear when I was like 20 years old, I was actually enjoying this tv show with my bowl of cereal but now I'm just like WTF.

·
Banned
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used to watch this tv show like way back in 2010. Then I watch it this year and they find two legs chopped off from a body hidden in a bush and I'm just like "How the **** was I able to watch this show when I was younger?" I swear when I was like 20 years old, I was actually enjoying this tv show with my bowl of cereal but now I'm just like WTF.
You're hot. :b

Can I have one of your cereal bowls?!

·
Kinda Sassy
30 Posts
I've recently started watching it. It's good!

Though, I'll admit, my current addiction is Flashpoint. When that mini marathon comes on once a week, I'm totally unavailable for 5 entire hours. :boogie

·
text ghost
717 Posts
Ikr ._. The episode that did it for me included a guy who was into taxidermy. With human eyes.
Still love the show just... no eating before or after x_x

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Yup, it's been one of my favourite shows for 5 years. I like how psychological it is, and not just action all the time.

·
Registered
364 Posts
the Reaper was the best villian over multiple episodes, and the death of the wife was so sad with the big lead up. i was watching it around the same time i was watching a similar situation in dexter, and criminal minds had a much better emotional effect in the death of a main character.

·
Registered
3 Posts
God, I think I've seen every episode multiple times! If Dr Spencer Reid was to ever leave, then i could never bring myself to watch it again! haha

·
자신을 사랑 해
1,420 Posts
Love this show. And Dr. Reid is my man crush.

·
Super Moderator
33,912 Posts
Do you watch this show? I used to hate crime-thrillers, but this one comes at it from a different angle.

Instead of senseless shooting and blowing-****-up, this series focuses on the mental process that drives a 'criminal' to do what he or she does.
Sounds suspiciously like thoughtcrime. Or maybe "precrime". I haven't seen it but something tells me this isn't exactly a critique of Big Brotherism.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
I actually watched it for the first time last night. Episodes were about a guy who wanted to kill a doctor's son, a killer who was scarred from being abused as a child, and a Canadian serial killer. I found it much more intense than most crime shows, where the tension is usually absent throughout most of the episode, as the crime has already been committed.

I thought it was pretty good, and I'll definitely watch it again sometime.

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
It's one of my favorites, but do not turn it on when you're sleeping. I used to fall asleep before it came on, and sleep through it, and I would have horrible nightmares.

Jennifer Love Hewitt is joining the cast as a detective next season. That should be interesting, I've always loved her.

·
Banned
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's one of my favorites, but do not turn it on when you're sleeping. I used to fall asleep before it came on, and sleep through it, and I would have horrible nightmares.

Jennifer Love Hewitt is joining the cast as a detective next season. That should be interesting, I've always loved her.
Interesting. While I don't care for her as an actor, she's easy on the eyes. :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ahh yes, I've just started watching it since we moved in spring and don't have cable. It comes on Ion. I like Reid too like someone else said.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts