Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this normal? I take baths like 3 times a day, for like 20 minutes each and I go full out, like a small 4 year old child - bubbles, rubber ducks, diving underneath, playing with toys. This is not a troll thread, I actually do those things. Swim with goggles on and ****. Is this a sign of mental illness (OCD or anxiety or excess stress) ... I do it for fun, not because I'm a clean freak or worried about being clean. I do summer salts (however the **** you spell it) too. I treat it like a swimming pool and splash and have fun and make a mess around the walls.

Is this perhaps a sign that I'm really immature for my age (an adult)? What kind of immaturity, mental, emotional? Or that I'm emotionally/mentally unstable?

Does anyone else do this or know someone who does, or is it just me?

·
Banned
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I like to go on one edge of the bath and sort of slide along it - sort of like a skateboarder on a ramp. I workout in baths too, like pushups. Seriously, I go ****ing crazy when I take a bath. It's like an adventure for me. It's fun, but I think it's kinda turning into a weird obsession and idk if it's indicative of something not being quite right in the head.

·
Banned
5,776 Posts
It could be regression but it's nothing to be worried about, we all escape reality in different ways.

My question to you is: how huge is your baththub?

·
Protector of the Den
15,048 Posts
If I liked baths enough, I would probably take a ton too. I can't picture myself doing as much as you, but I do like to daydream when showering or bathing. As long as it isn't raising your water bill a ton or interfering with your life I don't see any harm. As long as it isn't a problem, enjoy your life the way you want :)

·
Banned
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It could be regression but it's nothing to be worried about, we all escape reality in different ways.

My question to you is: how huge is your baththub?
It's a regular sized bath. Enough to fit me in it. I'm a 6 footer, but I'm pretty slim, so enough room for me.

·
Protector of the Den
15,048 Posts
Might want to tune down the sliding and stuff though so you don't hurt yourself or drown if you get knocked out somehow.

·
Aesthetically Challenged
3,157 Posts
Three times a day?!? Doesn't your skin dry out?

My sister likes to take bubble baths with those Lush products. I never felt inclined to ask her exactly what she does in there, but I assume she just lies there and relaxes...

But yeah, I don't think it's anything to be worried about mental health wise. It's just an odd thing to do. Like doll collecting...

·
Banned
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think it's actually therapeutic - the question is, what am I giving myself therapy for?

It seems like a weird thing to do.

On the other hand, who knows, I might be on to something. Maybe more people should take high quality crazy baths as therapy.

If 5 year olds go ape**** in baths, why can't we? ;)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Well it couldn't be crazier then the dreams that people with maladaptive day dreaming have, including myself.

Anyway it was hilarious to read your post:grin2:.

·
Protector of the Den
15,048 Posts
This topic is making me want to take a bath lol I don't get super active when I take baths, but I like to take long ones. The majority of the time I just take quick showers though. Haven't taken a bath in about a year.

·
lamb to lion
663 Posts
I take hot baths almost every day. Love it

·
Spirit of Vengeance
5,301 Posts
Seems like that would make your entire body chapped, especially in the winter. I guess if you actually have the time for it then it is fine.

·
I Am Second
58,004 Posts
I used to take bubble baths all the time back in high school. I made the mistake of mentioning that in high school and got bullied and called gay. I would still take bubble baths today but I don't like the quietness of it. I like taking showers because its like I'm in my own little world and the running water blocks out family noise.

·
Banned
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sounds fun. But do you actually swim with goggles on? :/

Sometimes. I put on goggles whenever I submerge underneath the water (so I can keep my eyes open)...it's good to have so that if you're splashing around, you don't get anything in your eye.

And I turn myself into Santa Claus with the bubbles, too. You can do all kinds of crazy **** with the bubbles, you can also give yourself crazy eyebrows, or make yourself a hat on top of your head. It's fun.

·
Banned
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I used to take bubble baths all the time back in high school. I made the mistake of mentioning that in high school and got bullied and called gay. I would still take bubble baths today but I don't like the quietness of it. I like taking showers because its like I'm in my own little world and the running water blocks out family noise.
For those who take bubble baths or used to take bubble baths...do you / have you turned yourself into Santa Claus, if you know what I mean? Or given yourself crazy eyebrows/hats with the bubbles?

·
I Am Second
58,004 Posts
1 - 20 of 49 Posts