Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I endured a 2 hour bbq with people I dont even know, for my daughters sake, to show her , you can actually do events that are difficult.

People are so friggin mean when they all snuggle in their little cliche's and can see, I'm not a regular face, they are all parents of kids of a youth group and all from the same school. My daughter goes to some of the youth group events, and is from a different school.

It triggers so much for me, my daughter seemed happy, we won a raffle prize of free passes to the Melbourne museum

I'm finding no one really welcomes anyone to anything and if you want it real bad you simply can't be shy to get it. I could have exerted myself to belong more but non shy people really dont have to do anythng. We were on a round picnic table and the people across from me actually turned their backs to face their friends in picnic chairs.

My daughter and me just went in the adventure playground, I took photos of her on equipment and then we left without saying goodbye. I tried to make it all positive for her, she had a better time than me.
Painful reminders are kick in the arse. Next time I will put my phone number on my raffle ticket so I dont have to be in attendance..

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I had an inkling we just might win one of the prizes in the raffle draw, so I stuck that out, and we did win,and left shortly after. I had no idea this youth group was that clicky. My sons now older used to belong to this youth group and it was more inviting at that time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts