Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
We all deserve something.
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could use some peoples advice in this situation, I don't really know what to think about it and it's been bothering me for the past few days.

So I have this one coworker who is very extroverted and she's always made it her main goal to be the center of attention at work it seems, she would talk to me even when I only had one word answers to respond with. Anyway she ended up making plans for my birthday to take me to the bar for my 21st birthday with some other coworkers, and everything went well I had a good time, and because of the alcohol I opened up a bit to my coworkers. After this experience me and this one coworker started talking a bit more. We would make jokes to each other, and it seemed to be going well.

This past week on monday, we said hello and stuff, but for some reason after Monday she started giving me this ***** you attitude, as if I did something wrong, on Tuesday she came into work like she was in a bad mood, so I almost asked her if she was ok, but decided not to. she started avoiding me, and stopped talking to me, she even walked past me one day and rolled her eyes at me. She was laughing and talking to all other coworkers, but when it came to me she seemed to want nothing to do with me. I didn't ask why she was doing these things to me, and what I did to make her angry I just decided to pretend like I didn't care.

Now the only thing I can think that I did was how I never really initiate the conversation with her, she is usually the one who would always have to come up to me and talk to me, but that's just how I am I have it engrained in my mind that people don't want anything to do with me. Do you think this could be the reason? Maybe she is annoyed by how I act or something? I have no idea what is going on but it's really starting to bother me. I just don't like going to work and having to deal with this s****y attitude from her every day.

I guess my best option is to ask her when I go back to work and try to solve things? I don't know any input would be great though.

·
Registered
261 Posts
It's hard to guess what exactly is going on, but Did you thank her for taking you out?

The other coworker that you were making jokes with, was it a guy or a girl?
Is it possible that the girl who arranged to take you out for your birthday likes you and thought it was a snub that you spent time talking to someone else when she was the one who set the whole thing up?

·
We all deserve something.
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's hard to guess what exactly is going on, but Did you thank her for taking you out?

The other coworker that you were making jokes with, was it a guy or a girl?
Is it possible that the girl who arranged to take you out for your birthday likes you and thought it was a snub that you spent time talking to someone else when she was the one who set the whole thing up?
Sorry if I came off confusing, but the whole thread is based around this one girl, the jokes I'd make were with the same girl who took me out, I did thank her for taking me out also in fact we even planned to go out again to the bar, but it never happened. I guess I should of been more specific about the times of when these events all happened. She took me out on my bday in June, and everything was fine after that, but suddenly this previous week she's decided to give me this s****y attitude like I did something terrible to her, or something to offend her. I highly doubt she likes me she's happily in a relationship.

I guess what i'm mainly looking for is I don't know how to go about asking her what I did? Should I text her and ask her? Or does that come off weird? Should I just wait until we work together again and ask her then?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts