Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure what the laws here in Ontario Canada are, but I was prescribed Moclobemide several months back. Do docs sometimes prescribe "fake" pills? Especially the fact that placebo is a major factor in these experiments regarding mood enhancers.

I have been taking them inconsistently. I have tried staying on them 3 times. The cycles consisted of 2 months, (break for I don't remember how many days), then take'em again for 1-2 months, then I would stop again. I even tried taking them only when I had a low, again... no crashes or anything!

My last cycle was a record... 3 months!!! But here is the thing, the only reason why I did found myself stopping all of the sudden is THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WITHDRAWAL!!! Another reason why I stopped was I thought it was barely helping and was doing more harm than good (the reverse placebo was that it was screwing with my sleep, even though I always had an irregular sleeping pattern). I don't know, I guess it's just crappy in general to be on meds while having an erratic sleep schedule.

What kind of MAOI has no withdrawal after stopping cold turkey!?

· Registered
2,404 Posts
Moclobemide is in no way comparable with "real" MAOIs like Parnate or Nardil, you shouldn't have withdrawal effects IMHO.

· Registered
2,404 Posts
Especially true for Moclobemide.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.