Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came up with an interesting theory this morning about why my life took the direction it did recently. I've always believed that God has a specific plan for all of us, and there wasn't anything we could do to change that plan. Now I wonder. Here's what I was thinking...

Some of you may have read my post in the General Discussions form about a long-distance relationship of mine that didn't work out. Quick summary: I met her in a Yahoo Game room, which I often referred to as a total fluke because what are the odds I'd meet somebody so compatible out of thousands of players? We tried repeatedly to plan a get together but things kept coming up to stop us. Now she's dating someone else and it's been very tough for me to deal with. We're still friends, but that's as far as it'll get.

Throughout the latter part of this ordeal, as I sensed the "romantic" angle fading from, I kept wondering why God would do this to me. Why would He allow me to meet this wonderful person against great odds and then repeatedly yank away every opportunity I had to meet her? It made no sense to me. Now I think maybe it does.

My theory is this. God's plan for her from the beginning was to end up with this new guy. I was in no way a part of this plan. When I constanly thought of our meeting as a "fluke", maybe it was because God hadn't intended us to do more than play a few games one night and never meet again. Once we began getting close, God realized that it was doomed to clash with his original plan, so he made darn sure I never got the chance to visit her. This way, the eventual "breakup" wouldn't be so difficult for me.

Could that be possible? I like to think of it this way rather than thinking I'm being dealt yet another disappointment.

·
Registered
254 Posts
that sounds interesting,
though we will never know whats God plan is,at the moment,
I would like to think maybe he has a better and bigger plan for you, maybe theres someone else,

I am A true Believer theres a purpose for everything that Happens,
and God is behind it all,

of course the Hard Part is waiting...while trusting in Him...

·
Registered
994 Posts
Very good. He could also be preparing you for something else as well! To borrow a line from a song:

"Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers.;)

·
Registered
994 Posts
I sometimes see it as that "Inner voice" that we have.........I view this as God talking to us......We KNOW we're supposed to do something, and we ignore that little voice..........That little voice, is God talking to us (my viewpoint) when we don't listen, we have to go with door number two, where things get off course, we have a mess to clean up........Because we did what we wanted to do....I've done this so many times......

·
Registered
994 Posts
No, no, I"m not writing well. Too me, it's like Plan A, which God wants us to take, then there is Plan B, the path we have to take, when we didn't listen to God's perfect plan for us.......That free will that we have.......

Have you ever "Heard" that voice.....Didn't listen, and something went dreadfully wrong? Or you made a "Mess" out of a circumstance, and were left to pick up the pieces.........I hope I"m making some sense here!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hema said:
I sometimes see it as that "Inner voice" that we have.........I view this as God talking to us......We KNOW we're supposed to do something, and we ignore that little voice..........That little voice, is God talking to us (my viewpoint) when we don't listen, we have to go with door number two, where things get off course, we have a mess to clean up........Because we did what we wanted to do....I've done this so many times......
I understand what you are saying. I think something like this was happening to me with the relationship I described above. There was a time when it looked like there was true hope for "us", but as time dragged on that looked less and less likely. All the signs were there for me to give up and let it go before I got hurt, but I wouldn't. I believed that this was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and didn't want to face the fact that I'd waited eagerly for so long for nothing. But I believe it was God telling me to move on and I wouldn't listen and in the end I got upset.

Oh well, life goes on...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi,
I'm sure God knew what was going to happen way before it ever did. But you don't have to think of it as a disappointment. It isn't God's intention for you to suffer for no reason. These kinds of things that we go through shape us into the people that God is trying to make us into. He is putting pressure on you so that you will develop and grow. We all go through these things, and even though we don't understand it, we have to put our trust in the hands of the lord. Life is a journey to heaven, and all the struggles we go through are just stepping stones. Try not to focus on what went wrong or try to make sense of it. Just focus on your relationship with God, and what you can do for God. Once you focus on things like helping others, he will start to turn things around for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts