Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I was on Paxil, it rendered me impotent. I was able to get aroused but could not ejaculate for the life of me...and trust me, this wasn't due to lack of effort :)

Now I'm 20 mg of generic Celexa for my SA and haven't experienced any sexual sides. This makes me very happy.

And while the Celexa is working for my anxiety, I hear I can get added relief from a bump to 40 mg. This would be most delightful, but me fears it could render me impotent again, or that I would turn certain physical activities into a marathon. This doesn't sound like much fun to me, seeing how despite have quite a muscular physique, my cardio is terrible.

Has an increase in dosage ever caused anyone sexual sides, or made them worse?

Replies appreciated ;)

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
So when I was on Paxil, it rendered me impotent. I was able to get aroused but could not ejaculate for the life of me...and trust me, this wasn't due to lack of effort
That's not called impotence, but anorgasmia. ;)

Has an increase in dosage ever caused anyone sexual sides, or made them worse?
This can happen, but I think the chances that it won't happen are higher. The only way to find it out is by trying it out. Should the increase improve your SA significantly, but result in sexual dysfunction then your doctor can prescribe you Wellbutrin XL. It counteracts the anorgasmia, augments the antidepressant effect of Celexa and gives energy/motivation.

PS: You made 2 threads about this. Please delete the other one this way: Open it -> http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f30/could-an-increased-dose-manifest-sexual-sides-66141/ -> Edit -> Delete -> Delete Message -> Delete this Message :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's not called impotence, but anorgasmia. ;)

This can happen, but I think the chances that it won't happen are higher. The only way to find it out is by trying it out. Should the increase improve your SA significantly, but result in sexual dysfunction then your doctor can prescribe you Wellbutrin XL. It counteracts the anorgasmia, augments the antidepressant effect of Celexa and gives energy/motivation.

PS: You made 2 threads about this. Please delete the other one this way: Open it -> http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f30/could-an-increased-dose-manifest-sexual-sides-66141/ -> Edit -> Delete -> Delete Message -> Delete this Message :)
OopS dOOpsies @ making two threads! s0rry for the chaos. I'm not on a benzo, but the climate here makes that a legitimate excuse, so I'll use it :)

I'm not seeing an option to delete the thread when I click edit? "MOODERATTTORRRR."

BTW, according to www.medicinenet.com, impotence is "characterized by the consistent inability to sustain an erection sufficient for sexual intercourse or the inability to achieve ejaculation, or both."

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
not seeing an option to delete the thread when I click edit? "MOODERATTTORRRR."
I've already informed a moderater about your double-post, he will close/delete it.

BTW, according to www.medicinenet.com, impotence is "characterized by the consistent inability to sustain an erection sufficient for sexual intercourse or the inability to achieve ejaculation, or both."
http://www.medicinenet.com/impotence_ed/article.htm
What is Erectile dysfunction (Impotence, ED)?

Erectile dysfunction (ED), also known as impotence, is the inability to achieve or sustain an erection for satisfactory sexual activity. Erectile dysfunction is different from other conditions that interfere with sexual intercourse, such as lack of sexual desire and problems with ejaculation and orgasm. This article focuses on the evaluation and treatment of erectile dysfunction.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impotence
Erectile dysfunction (ED or "male impotence") is a sexual dysfunction characterized by the inability to develop or maintain an erection of the penis sufficient for satisfactory sexual performance.[1]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts