Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in a few months I'm starting university. This means it's now time for me to start looking for a room to rent. I've seen some rooms that are available, but these are in a corridor which means I'll be sharing the kitchen with a lot of other students. This really freaks me out, the last time I rented a room in a apartement I usually hid in my room while I was home, I didn't dare to go to the kitchen. Now I know I'll probably have to live in a corridor, sharing the kitchen, but so scared that I'll never dare to talk with anyone, or go out in the corridor:( what do I do?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Living in residence can be scary going into it, but it can also be really rewarding, and a good way to work on your anxiety. It has the benefit of making socialization both necessary and accessible. I lived in a residence building with over 300 people, and over 40 on my floor, and although it wasn't easy and I still locked myself up more than I ought to have, even I managed to make friends and progress that I just couldn't have if I'd chosen some sort of more solitary residence. So I'd suggest just going into it with either good expectations or none, and see how it goes. Easier said than done, but if I managed then I'm sure you can too.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Two quite different anwsers. I think it'd be good for me if it wern't for the risk of shutting myself inside, which I did last time I live around other people. Not really sure what to do:(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts