Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wow, does this topic speak to me. I work in a pubic service office and as soon as I was notified I was selected for the job, after over a year applying for it, I was terrified. (Some might think this odd as apparently I wanted the job). Once I got in there, the lack of training and resultant stress had me strung out. Ever since I was a child I've had anxiety/stress/self confidence issues. I also allowed kids to pick on me mercilessly at school without standing up for myself. This job is making me sick. I worry daily, including weekends. I cant quit because I have financial obligations but I don't want to live like this. I am on prescribed psych pills (about six of them), and I see an counselor regularly. It's interesting to see that others also face this situation. I'm going to start going to Emotions Anonymous meetings this week in hopes that will help. Any other suggestions from the Forum? I'm scared, nervous and sick about all of this...
I know how that is. Actually applying for the job is a lot more fulfilling because it feels good to know you're trying. But once you finally get the job you come face to face with the impending doom.
At my last job I was forced into financial obligation and had to remain on, there were many times when I wanted to walk out but would go try and cool off in the bathroom. It was a very social white-collar position that involved a lot of talking with many different people, basically a Hell for someone like me.

Eventually I completely broke down and quit out of shame.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I work from home and I have social anxiety but even working from home I get really bad anxiety and my heart races and my hands sweat a lot and I can’t think. When I tell myself I won’t work today I feel relief.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.