Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Pervy Ranger #8
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Making conversation with people has been one of my major social issues. In the land of flesh and blood the order of the day is much less topical and selective than these here Internets. Because of this small talk is quite necessary and not something I've generally enjoyed. But this is changing as I become more comfortable in saying whatever might be on my mind at a given moment, as well as being more comfortable with the people around me. Being more comfortable and familiar I am focused enough to form thoughts that might be translated into a coherent statement, or response.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Congrats, to you! :D

Once in a while I get one of those comfortable moments that you speak of. It's weird, because there's so much to say in response. Being anxious really limits a person. It frustrates me to no end to be able to understand so much, but I look like a complete idiot because my social skills suck.

Send some of your good luck to the rest of us.

·
Pervy Ranger #8
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. And yes, there is a lot to say in response. It feels very strange when contrasted with our usual state of mind. It used to make me feel as if I was two different people.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts