Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so this is one of my biggest problems: I've just noticed that anytime I start a conversation it's with a question. I ask the other person something about themselves, and I've become very good at getting someone to keep talking about themselves for long periods of time. The problem? They never learn anything about me. I learn a lot about them, and they start to feel comfortable around me, but I continue to feel nervous because I really don't open up to them. I've been noticing lately how often most people will start conversations with me, by telling a story, or just giving a statement about themselves, or something around them. This is something I'm really bad at. I don't really have any interesting stories to tell, and I'm having a lot of trouble thinking of general conversation starters. Any suggestions that would involve both me talking about my self, but also involving the other person?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.