Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I like to shoot jumpshots
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am sure I have never spoken of a crush I had over a year ago. There is this girl I had a thing for since fall 2006. I never spoke to her. I think she knew I liked her but she didn't say anything to me either.

I found out she seemed interested in me. She graduated over a year ago. According to her facebook, she is down in california.

Is it a good idea to contact someone you never spoke to in real life via facebook.

Please share with me, your epxperiences.

TYhanks.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
I say you should. I would probably say no if it sounds like you're getting your hopes up and it was a little while ago. But... you said you found out she was interested, seems like that's why people use those sites? lol it makes things easier. What, did you go to college with her? I don't think it'd hurt to leave her a message just asking how she's doing and see how it progesses... I mean as long as she knows who you are. I'd just say don't invest everything you've got into it. If you're gonna regret not doing it then go for it.

Good luck if you do.

·
Registered
374 Posts
absolutly contact her! you'll know right away by her response her level of interest! she's certainly worth a single message..just don't expect anything or get your hopes up...your just saying hello...

·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I say you should. I would probably say no if it sounds like you're getting your hopes up and it was a little while ago. But... you said you found out she was interested, seems like that's why people use those sites? lol it makes things easier. What, did you go to college with her? I don't think it'd hurt to leave her a message just asking how she's doing and see how it progesses... I mean as long as she knows who you are. I'd just say don't invest everything you've got into it. If you're gonna regret not doing it then go for it.

Good luck if you do.
I am thinking realistically at the same time but don't think anything will materialize from this.

I did go to college with her. We were in the same major.

I think if she sees my pic she will recognize me.

Definitely I won't invest that much on it. Just something to do while I am pursuing other things.

As of now I haven't done anything yet about this. lol ;)

·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have yet to do something about this.

I need more positive encouragement from my fellow SASers. Please :)

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Ok then you said yourself you're not investing too much in it. Go for it, just take it as it happens, hopefully something will good will come of it, I hope it does. I've had times where I messaged someone and regretted it a little but thought, at least I did it, "what if's" are the worst. Again, good luck.

·
unashamed perv
1,786 Posts
Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, GO ON! ;)

·
Registered
374 Posts
DO IT! you have nothing to lose, you will learn her level of interest immidiatley, by if she responds, and what she says..I'm embarrassed to admit, I've done this countless times on facebook..but also met several girls off of facebook...just say a hello...and then don't send another message unless she responds, and by all means don't get your hopes up, there are other girls out there, but if she is the love of your life, who knows?

·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I sent her a message and she ignored it. I think she even blocked me.

I will be a little honest. I am a little hurt by it. My crush just doesn't want anything to do with me. With a little time, I will be relieved from all of this discomfort.

This is tough on my self esteem right now. But I will never give up. While i am pondering this rejection, other women are around me and I am missing out.

The moment a woman (or man) rejects you, your life starts over again. This goes back to my new second's resolution.

·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is what I wrote (almost verbatim)

Hi [her real name]

how is life after [school]?

signed my real name

PS: sunsets are cool. :) (her profile pic has a sunset)

so she ignored me. whooptie hoo.

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Well I am in a similar situation, except I have talked to her in person about 6 years ago. She apparently had a crush on me back then, but I couldn't do much about it at the time. I got in contact with her recently on facebook and not surprisingly found out her crush had long ago faded. I said I too had had a crush on her, but then kinda lied and said it too had faded :(. But we do talk though and I am glad just to be friends with her cos she seems like a good person.

Anyways S.T.A.T., I guess the lesson for us is that we gotta strike while the iron is hot. Easier said than done of course, like everything else in life.

At least we tried, however late to get in contact with them and don't have to wonder anymore.

·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lol that's what I thought too. But at that time when I did see her. I was a different person than i am now.

these days I take more risks (small risks but still risks nonetheless)

Now I can finally move on and have some closure in my life.

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
Don't write her off yet. It was Easter weekend, she could've been tied up with family or away someplace. She may not "live" on Facebook like some people do. You never know.

Even if you don't get a reply, at least you tried and now you know. It's better that way than to have not tried at all and wondered what would've happened.

·
^Yes, that's me.
183 Posts
I normally write the following, but it has to be congruent with your personality;

Hey (her name here).

I sent you a message about a week ago and you never responded.

For your convenience, I've composed a list of possible excuses as to why you haven't responded. Just copy and paste which ever one applies:

1. Hey Dave, I'm really sorry. I've been incredibly busy these past few days. I would love to get together sometime and yes, I think you're very sexy.
2. Hey Dave, I'm really sorry. Your message got lost in my mail box along with every other jackass. I would love to get together sometime and yes, I think you're very sexy.
3. I don't think any of this is funny. I take myself way too seriously and I have a terrible sense of humor... but yes, I think you're very sexy.

·
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
guys...she adjusted her profile so I can't see it anymore.

My guess is she was spooked and thinks of me as a stalker. I used to be able to view her profile but now can't. not so coincidently.

like I said...I don't care...there are plenty of girls out there...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts