Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, I've been pondering on whether or not it might be worth getting in contact with people I used to go to my first high school with online - just to see how things go. While I had some very bad experiences there - and in general wasn't treated too well by most of the people I came into contact with in my year - there were some people who did treat me reasonably well - and one of them I actually happened to bump into back in 2004 where we had a brief - but friendly enough - chat.

It happened that recently I found her on Facebook, along with a bunch of other people (some of who rejected me social wise) who were in my year when I went to that high school. I've been in two minds as to whether or not to contact any of them, as though I would like to think that now it's years later they might be happy to establish some kind of regular contact - at the same time I'm worried that they will still clearly remember what I used to be like (what I'm still like in certain ways due to my SA) and that perhaps by doing so I'd only be re-opening old wounds that'd be best left alone.

However, in the end, I decided that there was only one way of finding this out for sure (just to put my mind at rest) - and that was to take the risk with contacting at least one person. And so I sent a friend request to the person I bumped into in 2004. I've no idea of how she will react when she gets my message, and am a little concerned she will just reject my friend request. But I'm just going to see what happens anyway, and at least - to some small extent - I've tackled my fear.

Anyways, that's enough rambling out of me for now lol.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, much appreciated! :)

I decided to contact couple of other people who used to go to the same school in the same way too.

So far I've had one friend request accepted, though she didn't reply to the actual message I sent her. I'm not sure at this stage whether or not she just accepted to be polite. But then again I guess she could have just ignored the request altogether if she really wasn't interested in getting in touch - so I'm pretty sure this has to be a positive thing!

·
The Phoenix
381 Posts
Lol, makes me feel kinda bad for denying requests on my facebook from people from high school.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts