Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had an anxiety problem for 10 years, have never taken medication but the way my life has been going for the last 2 years I'm considering taking medication.

I'm obviously looking for something that will have as less side effects as possible but also I don't want to take anything that could lead to sexual side effects.

I manage my anxiety okay but when im antisipating a new experiece, possibly a new job or going somewhere ive never been to before or some sort of uncomfortable situtation i cannot sleep the night before. When i dont sleep my anxiety management goes down the toilet. I had to quit my job recently partially because of my anxiety and out of fear of getting addicted to sleeping pills(ambien) I was collecting unemployment for 2 years before that. My anxiety kept me from looking for a job for 2 whole years.

I'm trying to get my life together but I'm scared i cant do it on my own.

I went to a psychiatrist and i was diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder, she recomended all kinds of medications and because i didnt have insurance she recommended some medications from the 4 dollar walmart plan to which i was told were not the best medications for anxiety but they are much cheaper. I didn't accept any prescriptions and left disappointed. i found a new doctor that im seeing on Wednesday

I spoke to a few relatives who have the some of the same issues as it appears this runs in my family and i have a cousin who responds well to Remeron .

What do you guys think of Remeron ? I hear its effective and helps with sleeping.

I have insurance till the end of the month and an appointment coming up soon and if im given a few options I need to know which one to pick.

Help me decide which is best for me, considering my situation.

If anyone has an questions i'd be glad to answer.

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
Remeron is cheap, but it will make you sleep a LOT and eat a LOT (thus gaining weight unless you have some extreme metabolism).

Why did you ditch the psychiatrist? You say she "recommended" some kinds of meds, you didn't say she "only offered" some kinds of meds. You also didn't say you even asked her for any specific type of med, so how could she refuse you if you never even asked yet?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Remeron is cheap, but it will make you sleep a LOT and eat a LOT (thus gaining weight unless you have some extreme metabolism).

Why did you ditch the psychiatrist? You say she "recommended" some kinds of meds, you didn't say she "only offered" some kinds of meds. You also didn't say you even asked her for any specific type of med, so how could she refuse you if you never even asked yet?
I wasn't aware that it was my job to pick the medication I'm going to take, under those conditions i dont even need a psychiatrist I should just go to my general practitioner and have him write me the prescription or order it from mexico.

My psychiatrist is suppose to give me a few examples of medication brands that could help me and HELP me make an informed decision based on whats best for me, not based on cost effective reasons ONLY.

My psychiatrist is was very unprofessional and i chose to find someone else.

This thread is not about my psychiatrist, its about helping decide what medication would be best for me based on my situation

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
I wasn't aware that it was my job to pick the medication I'm going to take, under those conditions i dont even need a psychiatrist I should just go to my general practitioner and have him write me the prescription or order it from mexico.

My psychiatrist is suppose to give me a few examples of medication brands that could help me and HELP me make an informed decision based on whats best for me, not based on cost effective reasons ONLY.

My psychiatrist is was very unprofessional and i chose to find someone else.

This thread is not about my psychiatrist, its about helping decide what medication would be best for me based on my situation
Yeah well i was noting that as well as commenting about your suggested med of choice, 'Remeron'.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts