Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya I don't even know where to start I have always been outgoing loved being out and about and up for a good night out with friends ever
Since I had my little boy who is two next month I hardly go
Anywhere! I work full time as a nurse and have no
Problem at work being confident taking the lead and being
Able to deal with a lot of different situations I can talk
To patients rels doctors without hesitation and would say I am
Quite confident at standing up for myself ! However when I go home I am total different person I have a lovely hubby to be a gorgeous little boy and brilliant family. However when I'm off work I find it a struggle to do daily things I panic if the phone rings if I don't know the number I won't answer it if someone knock at the door and I'm not expecting it I will
Not answer I use to be out a lot for meals nights out with friends however now I think I have been out maybe twice this year so far and that was because I had ran out of excuses not to go and was made to go
By other half . It's not just meeting friends if i need shopping I will
Only go to my local supermarket that is maybe five min walk away I don't go any further it's like a horrible feeling I get in the pit
Of my stomach if I do go further it's always with my hubby and I am horrible when I go I am snappy anxious and can't wait to get back in the house ! About a year ago I seen my dr and was started on citalopram 20mg for generalised anxiety disorder however to be honest I don't feel like they have ever worked that well they kinda just numbed my feeling making me all muddled I
Know I'm going on but about three weeks ago
I stopped taking them when my prescription ran out I know I should know better but I though what's the point this weekend I feel rock bottom was suppose to go to drs on Friday but canceled because I felt sick at the thought of going I had to end up missing work this weekend due to uncontrollable crying I'm waiting to go see my gp this afternoon hopefully she can help I feel so stupid how my anxiety can switch itself on feel like I'm going crazy sorry for going on just needed to vent how I'm feeling sorry again xx

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, SJF1012! :)

·
Registered
649 Posts
First off Welcome. Secondly, I hope you find the answers you need while you are here. It can be crippling to be going through what you are going through at home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts