Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think that people that call themselves atheists are quite narrow minded to be honest. I'm my view you can be either religious or you just don't know. I tried to be like super religious for years now, but I guess it didn't stick. I always thought it could be that either I'm not intelligent enough or the fact I get bored and distracted real easily. Maybe I'm just too shallow or God is just not that into me. Lots of people tell me that I think I'm so clever or pretty and it's really the opposite! Maybe that confusing to him as well.

Confessing something always makes me feel weak and awkward so I will listen to Stereopony a bit to feel fierce again!

~~ \o/ ~~ fighting!

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
I believe in being always open to the possibility of something exsisting. I don't want to close or limit my mind/spirit. My spirit is in contact with the whole universe and things wich belong to it :) Wether visible or invisible :)

·
Banned
1,537 Posts
Hmm, guess I just don't know then. Lately, I've been beginning to think that. I think something does exist, whether it's a god or not I don't know. I seem to spend a lot of time wondering why things exist, I'm always looking for a reason, I wanna understand why things are the way they are. Guess that's why I'm doing a genetics course at uni.. :um

·
Registered
745 Posts
I think that people that call themselves atheists are quite narrow minded to be honest.
I think the idea of narrow-mindedness is abused these days. There's a difference between holding firm to your beliefs and attacking others for believing differently.

I'm my view you can be either religious or you just don't know. I tried to be like super religious for years now, but I guess it didn't stick. I always thought it could be that either I'm not intelligent enough or the fact I get bored and distracted real easily. Maybe I'm just too shallow or God is just not that into me.
I experienced a brief regeneration of religious faith about two years ago, but it didn't stick either. Sometimes it takes a long time to work out the issues religion deals with for yourself - your "ultimate concern," working out how to connect your everyday life with the existential or situational meanings that envelope your whole being and personality (whether your call it 'God' or not). If you stop focusing on being religious and start focusing on addressing the questions that you bring to religion, you will probably make more progress.

·
Shoe Czar
198 Posts
I think that people that call themselves atheists are quite narrow minded to be honest. I'm my view you can be either religious or you just don't know. I tried to be like super religious for years now, but I guess it didn't stick. I always thought it could be that either I'm not intelligent enough or the fact I get bored and distracted real easily. Maybe I'm just too shallow or God is just not that into me. Lots of people tell me that I think I'm so clever or pretty and it's really the opposite! Maybe that confusing to him as well.

Confessing something always makes me feel weak and awkward so I will listen to Stereopony a bit to feel fierce again!

~~ \o/ ~~ fighting!
You could be shallow, but I'd definitely say confused.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts