Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I met this guy on a social networking site and we started talking, but the same day he asked me if he could come to my flat. As i live alone and it was like two in the morning i said no, that i had friends over. But for the past days everyday he's asked if he could come over and i've always said no. I like him, but he doesnt seem very patient.
Now he's going on about how he's annoyed at me and saying he feels like i'm wasting his time and i'm acting shady by not letting him over.
The thing is i do want to meet him, but i'm so anxious, but i don't want him over at my house yet.

He also said he just wants to come over and smoke weed with me, besides he says he's not sure if he wants a relationship, but i like him and he says he likes me. I don't know what to do. I need some honest help, since i have no idea what to do.

·
Audacious romantic
4,496 Posts
OMG, he sounds suspicious to me. The fact that he was so imposing and assertive made me wonder... but once I read he just wanted to smoke w..d I grew totally disproving of that. But of course, it is your life and you are the one to choose whatever you want. But I think it's not a reliable guy, if you need an opinion.
OK, we'll see what the others say...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OMG, he sounds suspicious to me. The fact that he was so imposing and assertive made me wonder... but once I read he just wanted to smoke w..d I grew totally disproving of that. But of course, it is your life and you are the one to choose whatever you want. But I think it's not a reliable guy, if you need an opinion.
OK, we'll see what the others say...
Thanks, its good to hear a second opinion. Better than me trying to wrack my brains for what to do.

·
6,040 Posts
This is no brainer.

A fishy guy you know pretty much nothing about wants to come to your place, is playing every trick in the book to make you feel guilty and force your hand to have his way, he doesn't want a relationship... Now what do you think he could possibly want!? Do I have to spell it for you?

This is like playing with fire cause he could be a complete nutcase and you are exposing yourself to a very dangerous situation. Stop talking to him.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is no brainer.

A fishy guy you know pretty much nothing about wants to come to your place, is playing every trick in the book to make you feel guilty and force your hand to have his way, he doesn't want a relationship... Now what do you think he could possibly want!? Do I have to spell it for you?

This is like playing with fire cause he could be a complete nutcase and you are exposing yourself to a very dangerous situation. Stop talking to him.
You're right. I think my head is a little clearer now. Thank you. F**k! I'm such an idiot.

·
Pastry Case
1,065 Posts
Meet him in a public place, but DON'T take him home with you until you've done this half a dozen times or more and you're absolutely sure he's okay. Have some friends with you when you meet him, see what they think about him.

It's a big warning sign when someone is trying to railroad you into doing what you don't want to do right at the beginning of getting to know each other. I can't emphasise this enough! If he starts off by being pushy and making you feel guilty about not doing what HE wants .... come on, you DO know what to do in that situation!!

500 Posts
He just wants to bang you, dude...
Early morning chats where a guy asks you to come over or if he can come over is usually just a booty call kind of thing. If he was truly interested in meeting you with no ulterior motives, he would've asked to hang out with you in a more public setting (movies, lunch, etc.).
I'd cut him off because he's already contradicting himself and leading you on. He's unsure of a relationship, but he says he likes you and it's all to get laid because he knows you like him. You don't need that kind of mess in your life.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He just wants to bang you, dude...
Early morning chats where a guy asks you to come over or if he can come over is usually just a booty call kind of thing. If he was truly interested in meeting you with no ulterior motives, he would've asked to hang out with you in a more public setting (movies, lunch, etc.).
I'd cut him off because he's already contradicting himself and leading you on. He's unsure of a relationship, but he says he likes you and it's all to get laid because he knows you like him. You don't need that kind of mess in your life.
I get that, but now the only problem i have is getting him off my back.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Just wants sex, only plus I'd give him is atleast slightly hinting at only wanting sex.

Can't you just cut him off entirely, block him etc? You're not really going to break his heart from the looks of things. Or does he know enough about you (full name/address) to find you?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just wants sex, only plus I'd give him is atleast slightly hinting at only wanting sex.

Can't you just cut him off entirely, block him etc? You're not really going to break his heart from the looks of things. Or does he know enough about you (full name/address) to find you?
He knows my cell number, cause i was an idiot and gave it to him.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Don't know enough about phones, and haven't stalked enough to know for sure, but surely you can just block him? And if not, you just need to figure out a crappy reason to stop responding and he'll probably take the hint.

Giving away your phone number isn't that stupid, people do it all the time.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don't know enough about phones, and haven't stalked enough to know for sure, but surely you can just block him? And if not, you just need to figure out a crappy reason to stop responding and he'll probably take the hint.

Giving away your phone number isn't that stupid, people do it all the time.
You're right, i should block him. Perhaps i should start using my brain and try and avoid situations like this in the future. Thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
622 Posts
You keep blaming yourself, there's tons of guys like this out there, no need to blame yourself for running into one. Just need to know what you're dealing with and be on your guard if a guy is pushing this much, unless of course you just want something casual yourself aswell. (though even then this guy was a bit dodgy if you ask me)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You keep blaming yourself, there's tons of guys like this out there, no need to blame yourself for running into one. Just need to know what you're dealing with and be on your guard if a guy is pushing this much, unless of course you just want something casual yourself aswell. (though even then this guy was a bit dodgy if you ask me)
I don't do casual, i'm serious when it comes to relationships. All i attract on those sites is trouble. I am yet to meet a genuine person who accepts and appreciates me as i am, without wanting physical stuff that i am just not ready for in return.
But i can't seem to meet anyone in person, i met one once but it wasn't too long before he left.

Seems i'm destined to be a tradgedy. :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts